Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 378749" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>What a very unpleasant situation. </p><p></p><p>Yes, I thought the bee theme was nicely done. The big difference is that the original depends a lot on the personality of the main character whereas Nicholas Cage gave me nothing to care for. It really puts the "Mac" in MacWicker Man but overall the film is nasty enough to enjoy it. And to be honest, I did watch it twice.</p><p></p><p>Now that I'm hooked on one of those trashy reality shows "starring" tiktokkers and influencers from hell, I figured that THE INFLUENCER would be an interesting or at least perfectly bad choice.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]49054[/ATTACH]</p><p>I guess many people would interpret the title as a social media caricature but in reality it only serves as a set-up that allows things to happen, and with a motive that is flimsy at best and non-existent at worst.</p><p>The stereotypical moment of "villain having a moment with his/her trophies or whiteboard" explains that it is happening for a reason, but there's not much behind it to fuel the story. Considering the story's canvas you'd think there would be plenty to troll.</p><p>The upside of the unknown is that it inadvertently - or very cleverly? - makes the film more mysterious than it should be, and combined with the pleasant cinematography and surprisingly good performances INFLUENCER left a good aftertaste, with a whiff of TALENTED MR. RIPLEY.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 378749, member: 8"] What a very unpleasant situation. Yes, I thought the bee theme was nicely done. The big difference is that the original depends a lot on the personality of the main character whereas Nicholas Cage gave me nothing to care for. It really puts the "Mac" in MacWicker Man but overall the film is nasty enough to enjoy it. And to be honest, I did watch it twice. Now that I'm hooked on one of those trashy reality shows "starring" tiktokkers and influencers from hell, I figured that THE INFLUENCER would be an interesting or at least perfectly bad choice. [ATTACH type="full"]49054[/ATTACH] I guess many people would interpret the title as a social media caricature but in reality it only serves as a set-up that allows things to happen, and with a motive that is flimsy at best and non-existent at worst. The stereotypical moment of "villain having a moment with his/her trophies or whiteboard" explains that it is happening for a reason, but there's not much behind it to fuel the story. Considering the story's canvas you'd think there would be plenty to troll. The upside of the unknown is that it inadvertently - or very cleverly? - makes the film more mysterious than it should be, and combined with the pleasant cinematography and surprisingly good performances INFLUENCER left a good aftertaste, with a whiff of TALENTED MR. RIPLEY. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top