Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 405021" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]53837[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>An "how to get away with murder" story based on the novel by Patricia Highsmith, which I haven't read.</p><p>Once that murder has happened, and the whole film collapses immediately afterwards, I realised that they wouldn't get away with murdering the most <em>fun</em> character (Guy's slutty greedy wife). </p><p>Psycho dandy Bruno isn't sexy enough, tennis player Guy isn't likeable (or <em>dislikeable</em>) enough to sustain the intrigue, the romance is almost non-existent and then there's Barbara. Barbara with her stupid hair and pseudo-bluntness - the only reason I kept watching is because I hoped she'd be murdered too.</p><p></p><p>I understand that Bruno has to do something to put the screws on Guy, but the way it happens also means they are no longer the "strangers on a train".</p><p>What's left is a semi-stalker/semi-blackmail story that's neither sexy nor tense, and it also doesn't make sense that Bruno is plagued by the memory of Miriam's glasses.</p><p>It's almost as if they're clutching at straws to make it suspenseful.</p><p>The merry-go-round spinning out of control (which shoulda happened during LB Colby's birthday party) has written "never press this button!" all over it. Absolutely hilarious.</p><p></p><p>There is a good story deeply buried underneath this boring mess and I think it should be considered for a remake. But very much remade.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 405021, member: 8"] STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951) [ATTACH type="full"]53837[/ATTACH] An "how to get away with murder" story based on the novel by Patricia Highsmith, which I haven't read. Once that murder has happened, and the whole film collapses immediately afterwards, I realised that they wouldn't get away with murdering the most [I]fun[/I] character (Guy's slutty greedy wife). Psycho dandy Bruno isn't sexy enough, tennis player Guy isn't likeable (or [I]dislikeable[/I]) enough to sustain the intrigue, the romance is almost non-existent and then there's Barbara. Barbara with her stupid hair and pseudo-bluntness - the only reason I kept watching is because I hoped she'd be murdered too. I understand that Bruno has to do something to put the screws on Guy, but the way it happens also means they are no longer the "strangers on a train". What's left is a semi-stalker/semi-blackmail story that's neither sexy nor tense, and it also doesn't make sense that Bruno is plagued by the memory of Miriam's glasses. It's almost as if they're clutching at straws to make it suspenseful. The merry-go-round spinning out of control (which shoulda happened during LB Colby's birthday party) has written "never press this button!" all over it. Absolutely hilarious. There is a good story deeply buried underneath this boring mess and I think it should be considered for a remake. But very much remade. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top