Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
“Welcome to Summer Bay”: Rewatching the early years.
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 208068" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Actually, I've reached a particularly cursed era of H&A episodes.</p><p></p><p></p><p>In random series of meaningless events that are stuck in my head, I clearly remember that the second half of Episode 343 was the only part of H&A I missed for its first 1000+ episodes. There was some kind of transmission problem in my ITV region. I got up at 6am the next morning to make frantic phone calls to them. The first first time I rang I ended up speaking to the late night on-screen continuity type presenter, who I guess was the only person around. Then, when I rang at a decent hour it was to get the devastating news that they didn’t plan to show it again. Nor would they send me the videotape. They tried to console me with the fact that they’d created a résumé to be shown before the next day’s episode. But I knew that with such a blot on my viewing record I would never be able to claim superfandom. Things just weren’t the same with me and <em>Home and Away</em> after that.</p><p></p><p>Earlier today I watched Episode 343. And now my barely-a-year-old laptop has a flickering screeen, meaning I can hardly see what I'm typing. And it's threatening to go for good. So it's quite possible there won't be any comments about my viewing for a week or so. Not unless I take notes by hand and transcribe them later.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 208068, member: 23"] Actually, I've reached a particularly cursed era of H&A episodes. In random series of meaningless events that are stuck in my head, I clearly remember that the second half of Episode 343 was the only part of H&A I missed for its first 1000+ episodes. There was some kind of transmission problem in my ITV region. I got up at 6am the next morning to make frantic phone calls to them. The first first time I rang I ended up speaking to the late night on-screen continuity type presenter, who I guess was the only person around. Then, when I rang at a decent hour it was to get the devastating news that they didn’t plan to show it again. Nor would they send me the videotape. They tried to console me with the fact that they’d created a résumé to be shown before the next day’s episode. But I knew that with such a blot on my viewing record I would never be able to claim superfandom. Things just weren’t the same with me and [I]Home and Away[/I] after that. Earlier today I watched Episode 343. And now my barely-a-year-old laptop has a flickering screeen, meaning I can hardly see what I'm typing. And it's threatening to go for good. So it's quite possible there won't be any comments about my viewing for a week or so. Not unless I take notes by hand and transcribe them later. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
“Welcome to Summer Bay”: Rewatching the early years.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top