Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
“Welcome to Summer Bay”: Rewatching the early years.
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 212994" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Low as both those examples were, this was in many ways worse. Caroline in a bunny outfit was kind of a means to an end. Whereas Adam dressed up as a Bunyip to try to fool people into thinking this yeti type creature was roaming the bay. So rather than facilitating a plot, the dressing up in costume actually <em><u>was</u></em> the plot. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh yes. I certainly would. And I'm a bit peeved that because of the way they're grouped in the Prime playlists there are still 50 episodes of Season Two to go, so it's ended quite abruptly. </p><p></p><p>That said, I have felt a little fatigued with it recently, so I'm quite happy to take a break. And if no more episodes appear it won't be the end of the world for me. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh gosh. It's hard to define, and purely defined by my own personal history. </p><p></p><p>I was a regular viewer for the first four or five seasons/years. And the first five seasons had the same style opening credits before being drastically revamped. So let's say those are "the classic years". But my most fondly remembered episodes are from the first two seasons. Of the episodes I've seen, H&A was at its consistent best for me from a couple of months in through to the middle of the second year, so I'll go with that era as "the best of the classic years". </p><p></p><p>I'd say there's been a noticeable drop in quality of material in recent episodes, and the series never quite recovered that special tone that it had up until recently. I can't help feeling it's missing Bevan Lee's touch, since he was involved in writing and script editing until #275.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 212994, member: 23"] Low as both those examples were, this was in many ways worse. Caroline in a bunny outfit was kind of a means to an end. Whereas Adam dressed up as a Bunyip to try to fool people into thinking this yeti type creature was roaming the bay. So rather than facilitating a plot, the dressing up in costume actually [I][U]was[/U][/I] the plot. Oh yes. I certainly would. And I'm a bit peeved that because of the way they're grouped in the Prime playlists there are still 50 episodes of Season Two to go, so it's ended quite abruptly. That said, I have felt a little fatigued with it recently, so I'm quite happy to take a break. And if no more episodes appear it won't be the end of the world for me. Oh gosh. It's hard to define, and purely defined by my own personal history. I was a regular viewer for the first four or five seasons/years. And the first five seasons had the same style opening credits before being drastically revamped. So let's say those are "the classic years". But my most fondly remembered episodes are from the first two seasons. Of the episodes I've seen, H&A was at its consistent best for me from a couple of months in through to the middle of the second year, so I'll go with that era as "the best of the classic years". I'd say there's been a noticeable drop in quality of material in recent episodes, and the series never quite recovered that special tone that it had up until recently. I can't help feeling it's missing Bevan Lee's touch, since he was involved in writing and script editing until #275. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
“Welcome to Summer Bay”: Rewatching the early years.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top