Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
“Welcome to Summer Bay”: Rewatching the early years.
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 214293" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>That's a very good reason for me to hope the channel pops up again soon. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I know that feeling, Willie. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I don't think I've seen it, but I get the idea. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>She was a recurring character on the series for thirty years, which is quite something. I'm only really familiar with the first half a dozen years, but she hit a number of villainous notes in that time. But there was always that soft underbelly and vulnerability underneath it all. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Ha. That's a great way of putting it, and you're definitely on the right lines. I compared her to Dee Morrell a number of times also. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Seconded!! </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Please do, Willie. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>That would be <em>The Box,</em> which was a contemporary of <em>96</em>'s (well, competitor is probably more like it). I'd love to explore it properly someday. Crawford DVD have released several boxsets of consecutive episodes starting at the very beginning, but they're prohibitively expensive. </p><p></p><p>The first couple of episodes are on YouTube (note there's also a young, brunette Alison Carr):</p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]NS23VYlVS5g[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>And there's a little featurette on it here where Judy Nunn talks about the role and that kiss:</p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]t8c5mCyuSy0[/MEDIA]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 214293, member: 23"] That's a very good reason for me to hope the channel pops up again soon. I know that feeling, Willie. I don't think I've seen it, but I get the idea. She was a recurring character on the series for thirty years, which is quite something. I'm only really familiar with the first half a dozen years, but she hit a number of villainous notes in that time. But there was always that soft underbelly and vulnerability underneath it all. Ha. That's a great way of putting it, and you're definitely on the right lines. I compared her to Dee Morrell a number of times also. Seconded!! Please do, Willie. That would be [I]The Box,[/I] which was a contemporary of [I]96[/I]'s (well, competitor is probably more like it). I'd love to explore it properly someday. Crawford DVD have released several boxsets of consecutive episodes starting at the very beginning, but they're prohibitively expensive. The first couple of episodes are on YouTube (note there's also a young, brunette Alison Carr): [MEDIA=youtube]NS23VYlVS5g[/MEDIA] And there's a little featurette on it here where Judy Nunn talks about the role and that kiss: [MEDIA=youtube]t8c5mCyuSy0[/MEDIA] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
“Welcome to Summer Bay”: Rewatching the early years.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top