Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
“Welcome to Summer Bay”: Rewatching the early years.
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="trialanderror" data-source="post: 242270" data-attributes="member: 15448"><p>I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread and the thoughts on the Early Years. </p><p></p><p>I would just like to comment briefly on the few posts above this one, regarding Martha returning to the show in recent years.</p><p>I disagree that it has been nicely done and believable. I think it's been dreadful. Given all the history that Martha was tied to in the early years - Bobby's adoption, her friendship with Morag, Roo turning out badly because of Martha's death, etc... nothing has been covered at all. Very, very VERY limited details have been given. The writers have skirted around and avoided details at every opportunity.</p><p></p><p>When you compare this to how all the secrets came out in the first 2 years of the show. They were RICH with detail, backstory, and explanation. Everything fitted, despite being so, so detailed. And we're not talking about stuff that was planned from the start. We're talking about stuff that was made up as it went along, but was made to fit by looking at the history of the show and USING that history. </p><p></p><p>The Martha story in recent years has done the exact opposite. She has returned to the show, said "Oh, I wasn't well so I faked my death." And that's it. Nothing has been talked about.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="trialanderror, post: 242270, member: 15448"] I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread and the thoughts on the Early Years. I would just like to comment briefly on the few posts above this one, regarding Martha returning to the show in recent years. I disagree that it has been nicely done and believable. I think it's been dreadful. Given all the history that Martha was tied to in the early years - Bobby's adoption, her friendship with Morag, Roo turning out badly because of Martha's death, etc... nothing has been covered at all. Very, very VERY limited details have been given. The writers have skirted around and avoided details at every opportunity. When you compare this to how all the secrets came out in the first 2 years of the show. They were RICH with detail, backstory, and explanation. Everything fitted, despite being so, so detailed. And we're not talking about stuff that was planned from the start. We're talking about stuff that was made up as it went along, but was made to fit by looking at the history of the show and USING that history. The Martha story in recent years has done the exact opposite. She has returned to the show, said "Oh, I wasn't well so I faked my death." And that's it. Nothing has been talked about. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
“Welcome to Summer Bay”: Rewatching the early years.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top