nuDynasty Spoilers All Casting News And Spoilers For S5

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
1620924683202.png

Looks like they're doing an homage to the 1950s, what with Kirby looking like a reject from Happy Days.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Liz Gillies interview :

"There's also a character coming in inspired by the original. I don't want to give a gender, but they certainly shake things up in a big way for this family. And there is a death, a big one that quakes our world -- that's all I can say about that!"

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Liz Gillies interview :

"There's also a character coming in inspired by the original. I don't want to give a gender, but they certainly shake things up in a big way for this family. And there is a death, a big one that quakes our world -- that's all I can say about that!"
I assume she's referring to Kirby's new boyfriend that seem to be heavily inspired by Peter DeVilbus - since the character wasn't liked by anyone on the OG show (well, expect @Willie Oleson) I assume they just went ahead and renamed him to distance themselves a bit from the trainwreck performance of Helmut Berger.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I assume she's referring to Kirby's new boyfriend that seem to be heavily inspired by Peter DeVilbus - since the character wasn't liked by anyone on the OG show (well, expect @Willie Oleson) I assume they just went ahead and renamed him to distance themselves a bit from the trainwreck performance of Helmut Berger.

I think you're 100% right. Some fans here noticed that the new character's description was very De Vilbis like.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A little Melrose Place reunion for Grant Show - at least off screen: Laura Leighton visits Dynasty! In Friday's episode she plays "Corinne Simon, a no-nonsense business type who accidentally drops a doozy of a lead for Liam to follow (...)."

“She ends up having some information about Liam’s family that he is surprised by,” Leighton teases to TVLine. “She shares some news that she then tries to prevent from coming out.” (...)

And even though all of Corinne’s scenes are opposite Fallon and Liam, Leighton confirms that a Melrose reunion did happen… albeit off screen.
“It was a quick in-and-out, but I did get to see Grant,” Leighton confirms.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
“It was a quick in-and-out, but I did get to see Grant,” Leighton confirms.

This statement takes on a new dimension when you recall they briefly dated.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This statement takes on a new dimension when you recall they briefly dated.
It's funny, because no articles ever seem to remember that Laura and Grant did date in the mid-90s (then again, who didn't Grant date on Melrose?).

Looks like another one episode plot for Liam / Fallon. Too bad - millenials remember her as Sydney from Melrose and the younger crowd remembers her from Pretty Little Liars, so at least they could've given her three or so episodes.

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Casting Spoiler:
It looks like we get an Amanda appearance on Episode# 4.20 - According to IMDB, actress Eliza Bennett has been cast as Amanda. I see no official announcements of this yet.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I keep hearing that actress's name, but the title of episode 16, "The British Are Coming," kind of makes me wonder if we'll be seeing her sooner than you suggest.

Unless Queen Elizabeth II decides to sublease Carrington manor while Buckingham Palace is being renovated and her brood decides to tag along.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Casting Spoiler:
It looks like we get an Amanda appearance on Episode# 4.20 - According to IMDB, actress Eliza Bennett has been cast as Amanda. I see no official announcements of this yet.
We'll see, but pretty much anyone can edit IMDB and there's always weirdos who do weird fanfiction edits sometimes.

Yes, I keep hearing that actress's name, but the title of episode 16, "The British Are Coming," kind of makes me wonder if we'll be seeing her sooner than you suggest.
"A new arrival to Atlanta raises many questions."
Sounds like we got a winner here.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Eliza Bennett is one year older than Elizabeth Gillies. But she looks a bit like Oxenberg's Amanda and her prior jobs indicate a lot of experience. So why does she turn up? Will she start an affair with Jeff to anger mommy dearest?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the vein of how Kirby showed up unannounced to see her dad (with plans to resettle there), maybe Amanda, having had a falling-out with her parents, decides to escape to America and impose upon her 'rich aunt' Alexis (or whatever relation Amanda believes her to be) as a houseguest. Maybe Amanda is some innocent waif who genuinely does not know the Big Secret, and Amanda will be some goody-two-shoes in the vein of fragile, sheltered Kirby from OG Dynasty. The show needs someone who isn't jaded and cynical to provide contrast against Fallon and the others. Dominique will of course use the Big Secret against Alexis at every opportunity.

But more likely Amanda will know the truth about Alexis being her mother but pretends not to know, since it's so much easier to guilt-trip Alexis into doing stuff for her with the "secret" hanging in the air. I wonder if Dominique will have been the one to clue her in, or if Amanda found out by accident, or if perhaps her parents told her. Heck, we don't even know how the parents factor in; perhaps in this version, Dex Dexter is her stepfather and she ran away from the UK because her adoptive mother Caress or Sable found out about the affair they had.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess we'll see first if she's Amanda Bedford or Amanda Morrell when she arrives.

I'm guessing she'll either be hopelessly naive or hopelessly posh and snobbish. I do wonder how old she's supposed to be if the actress is 29 - I know actors play younger (and older) all the time but I was kind of hoping for her to be around 19-ish, just like the OG Amanda was.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Seems like Eliza Bennett is confirmed as Amanda in the official description for S04E17.