Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
AOC says "Woke 1.0 was crazy"
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Frankenstein Underworld" data-source="post: 443200" data-attributes="member: 35"><p>Although I'm sure the dysfunctional life of a billionaire is much more enjoyable than the dysfunctional life of some average Joe.</p><p></p><p>That said, it is ironic that these people's lives serve as the backdrop for our entertainment (ala primetime soaps). Even many "reality shows" are based around the wealthy.</p><p></p><p>As a consumer, I make an effort to avoid their corporate dystopia as much as possible. I try to limit social media use to contact with family and friends in order to avoid doom scrolling, and I've cut out fast food restaurants completely. In fact, my diet has changed considerably in the last year since I started working with a nutritionist. I've cut out most of the processed foods and have been sticking to whole foods instead. Yes, I still do my shopping at Walmart, but I'm not spending as much. I'm also not buying as much junk.</p><p></p><p>As a voter, I've chosen to act by refusing to give either party my vote. As long as they continue starting new wars, funding a genocide, enriching billionaires, and keeping the masses living in abject poverty, they have not earned my vote. Some may say my act of protest won't change anything, but to that I say that makes it as useful as my vote is.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Frankenstein Underworld, post: 443200, member: 35"] Although I'm sure the dysfunctional life of a billionaire is much more enjoyable than the dysfunctional life of some average Joe. That said, it is ironic that these people's lives serve as the backdrop for our entertainment (ala primetime soaps). Even many "reality shows" are based around the wealthy. As a consumer, I make an effort to avoid their corporate dystopia as much as possible. I try to limit social media use to contact with family and friends in order to avoid doom scrolling, and I've cut out fast food restaurants completely. In fact, my diet has changed considerably in the last year since I started working with a nutritionist. I've cut out most of the processed foods and have been sticking to whole foods instead. Yes, I still do my shopping at Walmart, but I'm not spending as much. I'm also not buying as much junk. As a voter, I've chosen to act by refusing to give either party my vote. As long as they continue starting new wars, funding a genocide, enriching billionaires, and keeping the masses living in abject poverty, they have not earned my vote. Some may say my act of protest won't change anything, but to that I say that makes it as useful as my vote is. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
AOC says "Woke 1.0 was crazy"
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top