Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Ome" data-source="post: 373229" data-attributes="member: 2"><p>It’s funny how the memory works. I swear, I always thought George Jackson drew the map of the warehouse for Tommy to both Tommy and Victor. In my head George was played by more than just Tommy, there is a vision of a few of them around a table. Needless to say, I was filled with excitement knowing where this leads. I tried to remember how I would have viewed this in my teen years. Did I know back then that George was been played? I certainly didn’t expect the exit George got! </p><p></p><p>And on questioning that memory, I always remembered Alan fondly, but feel shocked and a little disappointed with myself because I’m kinda glad he’s gone. I’m thrilled he got the happy ending, I just didn’t enjoy the destructive self he became, I struggled with ‘angry Alan’ this time. </p><p></p><p>I also, do not remember Rose staying with Heather and as I think about Heather, I seem to draw a blank with her time on the close after Roger. I remember Tom Curzon but can’t remember much else and everything with Nicholas Black, the kids and Rod Corkhill dating Ruth. I’m looking forward to seeing what else pops up with Heather. </p><p></p><p>I was surprised to see Ralph arrive, somehow I always thought he came after Edna had passed away. The whole back story feels exciting as I watch now, like it really is my first time. I wonder if I dismissed the older characters unless they were arguing or being a nuisance on the close. </p><p></p><p>Karen and Andrew racing into the close was exciting as that memorable moment took me back. I remember tuning into the omnibus and taping it so I could watch the dramatic scenes over and over. Later, I got hold of another VHS recorder and I remember trying to remix various dramatic moments from Brookie over the years. I had built up a great collection of clips from ‘84 to around early ‘89. With various house moves over the years I lost (or stupidly) threw my cassettes away thinking VHS was a thing of the past.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Ome, post: 373229, member: 2"] It’s funny how the memory works. I swear, I always thought George Jackson drew the map of the warehouse for Tommy to both Tommy and Victor. In my head George was played by more than just Tommy, there is a vision of a few of them around a table. Needless to say, I was filled with excitement knowing where this leads. I tried to remember how I would have viewed this in my teen years. Did I know back then that George was been played? I certainly didn’t expect the exit George got! And on questioning that memory, I always remembered Alan fondly, but feel shocked and a little disappointed with myself because I’m kinda glad he’s gone. I’m thrilled he got the happy ending, I just didn’t enjoy the destructive self he became, I struggled with ‘angry Alan’ this time. I also, do not remember Rose staying with Heather and as I think about Heather, I seem to draw a blank with her time on the close after Roger. I remember Tom Curzon but can’t remember much else and everything with Nicholas Black, the kids and Rod Corkhill dating Ruth. I’m looking forward to seeing what else pops up with Heather. I was surprised to see Ralph arrive, somehow I always thought he came after Edna had passed away. The whole back story feels exciting as I watch now, like it really is my first time. I wonder if I dismissed the older characters unless they were arguing or being a nuisance on the close. Karen and Andrew racing into the close was exciting as that memorable moment took me back. I remember tuning into the omnibus and taping it so I could watch the dramatic scenes over and over. Later, I got hold of another VHS recorder and I remember trying to remix various dramatic moments from Brookie over the years. I had built up a great collection of clips from ‘84 to around early ‘89. With various house moves over the years I lost (or stupidly) threw my cassettes away thinking VHS was a thing of the past. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top