Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 413308" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>He's been through a lot since leaving school. For me it feels as though his time in Torquay was what really shifted things when it came to his role in the household. Not only did he return to the Close more assertive and outspoken, he seemed more tuned into the way of the world. I suppose living away from the family for the first time will do that. Things are never going to be the same upon returning. "You can't go home again" springs to mind.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Funny thing is that I'm conscious in most scenes that all three characters are time-limited, but that exchange between Laura and Damon didn't register with me on that level as I watched. I'm glad you pointed that out as it's added another layer.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>For a story that initially seemed so frivolous, they certainly got their money's worth out of that camcorder. First Paul using it to try and obtain evidence of Pat and Terry's benefit fraud, then Jimmy stealing it.</p><p></p><p>Incidentally, I enjoyed the way Paul's approach to filling out the insurance form - dishonestly adding on items such as a home computer and portable television, as Annabelle watched him aghast - was rather Corkhillesque.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Yes, I can completely understand this. I find many of the scenes enjoyable enough when taken for what they are, but they do feel somewhat disposable.</p><p></p><p>For me, it helps that I find Jim Wiggins very watchable, and this extends to the more comedic niche into which the character seems to have fallen post-retirement. His quibbles with Mona are entertaining enough for me to not feel I'm wasting my time as I do with their neighbours at Number Seven.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 413308, member: 23"] He's been through a lot since leaving school. For me it feels as though his time in Torquay was what really shifted things when it came to his role in the household. Not only did he return to the Close more assertive and outspoken, he seemed more tuned into the way of the world. I suppose living away from the family for the first time will do that. Things are never going to be the same upon returning. "You can't go home again" springs to mind. Funny thing is that I'm conscious in most scenes that all three characters are time-limited, but that exchange between Laura and Damon didn't register with me on that level as I watched. I'm glad you pointed that out as it's added another layer. For a story that initially seemed so frivolous, they certainly got their money's worth out of that camcorder. First Paul using it to try and obtain evidence of Pat and Terry's benefit fraud, then Jimmy stealing it. Incidentally, I enjoyed the way Paul's approach to filling out the insurance form - dishonestly adding on items such as a home computer and portable television, as Annabelle watched him aghast - was rather Corkhillesque. Yes, I can completely understand this. I find many of the scenes enjoyable enough when taken for what they are, but they do feel somewhat disposable. For me, it helps that I find Jim Wiggins very watchable, and this extends to the more comedic niche into which the character seems to have fallen post-retirement. His quibbles with Mona are entertaining enough for me to not feel I'm wasting my time as I do with their neighbours at Number Seven. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top