Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 417868" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>I've really enjoyed Jonathan's curt and dismissive side. He comes across as someone who deals very much in facts, pleasant or otherwise. Pragmatism isn't always well-received so there's potential for conflict in his interactions. Of course, this becomes much more amped up when Laura is hospitalised, but I appreciated that it could be seen from his arrival.</p><p></p><p>Your reminder that he was hurt over Laura's lack of romance when it came to wedding decisions and choosing the rings is a reminder that this was balanced out.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p> I can remember the scene, and I watched it without it really registering how that fitted with his background, but yes - you're absolutely right. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Yes. Despite my comments, I never found Laura unpleasant to watch and I think my view, like yours, is tempered by the knowledge that it's only for a brief window of time. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Memorable as the exit story might have been, I'd have taken Laura - even Jane Cunliffe's Laura - over what we would get soon afterwards. I can't say I'm relishing spending time at Number Nine from 1988 onwards. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I suppose all soaps have this kind of obstacle to deal with fairly regularly, but I can't help wondering if <em>Brookie</em> had more sudden departures (or actors leaving before the end of their planned arcs) than most.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 417868, member: 23"] I've really enjoyed Jonathan's curt and dismissive side. He comes across as someone who deals very much in facts, pleasant or otherwise. Pragmatism isn't always well-received so there's potential for conflict in his interactions. Of course, this becomes much more amped up when Laura is hospitalised, but I appreciated that it could be seen from his arrival. Your reminder that he was hurt over Laura's lack of romance when it came to wedding decisions and choosing the rings is a reminder that this was balanced out. I can remember the scene, and I watched it without it really registering how that fitted with his background, but yes - you're absolutely right. Yes. Despite my comments, I never found Laura unpleasant to watch and I think my view, like yours, is tempered by the knowledge that it's only for a brief window of time. Memorable as the exit story might have been, I'd have taken Laura - even Jane Cunliffe's Laura - over what we would get soon afterwards. I can't say I'm relishing spending time at Number Nine from 1988 onwards. I suppose all soaps have this kind of obstacle to deal with fairly regularly, but I can't help wondering if [I]Brookie[/I] had more sudden departures (or actors leaving before the end of their planned arcs) than most. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top