Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="James from London" data-source="post: 428393" data-attributes="member: 22"><p>Ah yes -- a sober reminder that this<em> isn't</em> just about <em>Brookside</em>, it's also about that <em>other</em> show marking its whateverversary. But how possibly to do justice in both (and with all the detail and nuance that our Sheila, our Barry and our Billy deserve after a thirty-five year absence) in less than half an hour? I find myself trying not to be your archetypal <em>Dr Who</em> fan here: i.e, reacting to every fresh bit of info with either a prediction of "This will be absolute sacrilege!" or by working myself into such a state of delirious anticipation that when all my expectations aren't precisely met, I'll feel equally cheated. At some point soon (maybe after we find out who the final returnee is -- shop steward or hairdresser, I'll be happy as long as their name ends in a y), I guess I'll have to completely check out so I can try to approach the episode itself with as blank a mind as possible.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>It's interesting, isn't it? I suspect that if Dean Sullivan was still around, and/or if the reruns on STV hadn't started when they did, we'd be seeing an entirely different era of the show being acknowledged.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="James from London, post: 428393, member: 22"] Ah yes -- a sober reminder that this[I] isn't[/I] just about [I]Brookside[/I], it's also about that [I]other[/I] show marking its whateverversary. But how possibly to do justice in both (and with all the detail and nuance that our Sheila, our Barry and our Billy deserve after a thirty-five year absence) in less than half an hour? I find myself trying not to be your archetypal [I]Dr Who[/I] fan here: i.e, reacting to every fresh bit of info with either a prediction of "This will be absolute sacrilege!" or by working myself into such a state of delirious anticipation that when all my expectations aren't precisely met, I'll feel equally cheated. At some point soon (maybe after we find out who the final returnee is -- shop steward or hairdresser, I'll be happy as long as their name ends in a y), I guess I'll have to completely check out so I can try to approach the episode itself with as blank a mind as possible. It's interesting, isn't it? I suspect that if Dean Sullivan was still around, and/or if the reruns on STV hadn't started when they did, we'd be seeing an entirely different era of the show being acknowledged. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top