Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 434668" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Last night I watched the final of <em>Christmas University Challenge</em>. Frank, once again, was very impressive with his wealth of knowledge and the ease with which he recalled it. [ISPOILER]Sadly, it wasn't enough. The other team deserved their win for the fact that all four of its members contributed consistently and put in teamwork. [/ISPOILER]</p><p></p><p>Frank came across as a very charming and likeable character, with a youthful kind of energy that makes him perfect for the role of Children's Laureate. </p><p></p><p></p><p>It's taken me down a little rabbit hole of FCB interviews and talks. Such as this one about his role as Laureate. </p><p style="text-align: center"></p> <p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]oBXR6jF85yI[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p><p></p><p></p><p>Or his <em>Eulogy For The Lost</em>, addressing the Covid pandemic:</p><p></p><p style="text-align: center">[MEDIA=youtube]_gEDLGw-9z0:14[/MEDIA]</p> <p style="text-align: center"></p><p></p><p></p><p>I've yet to find anything that directly addresses his screenwriting for TV, but I'm enjoying looking. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Sadly, I've realised that one of the last <em>Brookside</em> episodes I watched was Frank's swan song. The series really was haemorrhaging talent during 1989-90.</p><p></p><p></p><p>I've been avoiding getting back to <em>Brookie</em> since my last batch of episodes a month ago (which is how I came to stumble upon <em>University Challenge</em> in the first place). I feel I'm getting ready to leave it behind. Already there are thirty episodes waiting for me, and while that should be exciting, it's starting to feel like a full in-tray is waiting for me.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 434668, member: 23"] Last night I watched the final of [I]Christmas University Challenge[/I]. Frank, once again, was very impressive with his wealth of knowledge and the ease with which he recalled it. [ISPOILER]Sadly, it wasn't enough. The other team deserved their win for the fact that all four of its members contributed consistently and put in teamwork. [/ISPOILER] Frank came across as a very charming and likeable character, with a youthful kind of energy that makes him perfect for the role of Children's Laureate. It's taken me down a little rabbit hole of FCB interviews and talks. Such as this one about his role as Laureate. [CENTER] [MEDIA=youtube]oBXR6jF85yI[/MEDIA] [/CENTER] Or his [I]Eulogy For The Lost[/I], addressing the Covid pandemic: [CENTER][MEDIA=youtube]_gEDLGw-9z0:14[/MEDIA] [/CENTER] I've yet to find anything that directly addresses his screenwriting for TV, but I'm enjoying looking. Sadly, I've realised that one of the last [I]Brookside[/I] episodes I watched was Frank's swan song. The series really was haemorrhaging talent during 1989-90. I've been avoiding getting back to [I]Brookie[/I] since my last batch of episodes a month ago (which is how I came to stumble upon [I]University Challenge[/I] in the first place). I feel I'm getting ready to leave it behind. Already there are thirty episodes waiting for me, and while that should be exciting, it's starting to feel like a full in-tray is waiting for me. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top