Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 438067" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>I used to watch it, probably up until the mid to late 00’s, and even during “event weeks”, there was a bit of balance to proceedings. Now, even when I’ve caught bits of regular episodes, it’s just a series of mad stuff happening to characters, to the point that it’s normalised, which I think dilutes the dramatic effect. I’m well above the age of its target audience now though.</p><p></p><p></p><p>I think you may be thinking of Ste. What I found jarring was that in the earlier episode, his niece is crushed to death by a chimney following the plane crash but the next time you see Ste, a few hours later in the Later episode, he’s running around Liverpool after one of his lovers, who is subsequently mowed down by a car. The continuity is all over the place / non existent.</p><p></p><p></p><p>The insane thing about this is that it was the producers harking back to the very first <em>Hollyoaks Later </em>episode where Luke Morgan (Gary Lucy) was sexually assaulted. It was them “paying tribute” to the show’s history.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 438067, member: 673"] I used to watch it, probably up until the mid to late 00’s, and even during “event weeks”, there was a bit of balance to proceedings. Now, even when I’ve caught bits of regular episodes, it’s just a series of mad stuff happening to characters, to the point that it’s normalised, which I think dilutes the dramatic effect. I’m well above the age of its target audience now though. I think you may be thinking of Ste. What I found jarring was that in the earlier episode, his niece is crushed to death by a chimney following the plane crash but the next time you see Ste, a few hours later in the Later episode, he’s running around Liverpool after one of his lovers, who is subsequently mowed down by a car. The continuity is all over the place / non existent. The insane thing about this is that it was the producers harking back to the very first [I]Hollyoaks Later [/I]episode where Luke Morgan (Gary Lucy) was sexually assaulted. It was them “paying tribute” to the show’s history. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Brookside
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top