Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
Christina Pike survives execution attempt
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Frankenstein Underworld" data-source="post: 444971" data-attributes="member: 35"><p>Some women use the dating world as a power play rather than a love connection. Men are at their mercy because the dating realm is a woman's world. If they make false allegations, they're almost universally believed. In matters of divorce, women usually come out ahead financially and end up with custody of the children.</p><p></p><p></p><p>It's hard to gauge just how many women share those views, but hearing that kind of rhetoric is hardly a rare occurrence these days. Either way, I already said that the resentment that's brewing is only directed at those <em>specific</em> women, so it's not like I'm accusing all women of having those views.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>And yet it's prevalent enough that sensible members of both sexes have taken notice of it.</p><p></p><p>Not all men are violent, predatory, and discriminatory either. In fact, I would wager that the majority of men aren't like that. And yet there are people who think it's perfectly fine to make certain generalizations about men. However, when misandrist women are called it, it's dismissed because they're "a minority." I have no problem admitting that violent, discriminatory men exist, but some people are so consumed with stats that they act like the disparity between bad men and bad women someone absolves the bad women of their sins. Personally, I don't understand nor subscribe to that way of thinking.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>How do the facts dispute my opinion? It's not like only one of those things can be true. Just because innocent men got swept up in the net due to over-corrective measure (which did happen) doesn't mean that women's issues were completely solved. The point is that both misogynists <strong><em>and</em></strong> misandrists exist, and it shouldn't be controversial to call them out whether they're in the minority or the majority.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Frankenstein Underworld, post: 444971, member: 35"] Some women use the dating world as a power play rather than a love connection. Men are at their mercy because the dating realm is a woman's world. If they make false allegations, they're almost universally believed. In matters of divorce, women usually come out ahead financially and end up with custody of the children. It's hard to gauge just how many women share those views, but hearing that kind of rhetoric is hardly a rare occurrence these days. Either way, I already said that the resentment that's brewing is only directed at those [I]specific[/I] women, so it's not like I'm accusing all women of having those views. And yet it's prevalent enough that sensible members of both sexes have taken notice of it. Not all men are violent, predatory, and discriminatory either. In fact, I would wager that the majority of men aren't like that. And yet there are people who think it's perfectly fine to make certain generalizations about men. However, when misandrist women are called it, it's dismissed because they're "a minority." I have no problem admitting that violent, discriminatory men exist, but some people are so consumed with stats that they act like the disparity between bad men and bad women someone absolves the bad women of their sins. Personally, I don't understand nor subscribe to that way of thinking. How do the facts dispute my opinion? It's not like only one of those things can be true. Just because innocent men got swept up in the net due to over-corrective measure (which did happen) doesn't mean that women's issues were completely solved. The point is that both misogynists [B][I]and[/I][/B] misandrists exist, and it shouldn't be controversial to call them out whether they're in the minority or the majority. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
Christina Pike survives execution attempt
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top