Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Conundrum
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Monzo" data-source="post: 444612" data-attributes="member: 19949"><p>Jock committed suicide when Ewing Oil went bust. And this information should have served as a warning to JR that something was amiss with what the supposed angel was telling him.</p><p></p><p>While I do think Jock was capable of suicide, it would have been in the context of an illness that stripped him of his personality—Alzheimer's, for instance. It is hard to imagine Jock taking his own life simply because of financial ruin, rather than starting over and proving to everyone that he still had what it took. Theoretically, Southfork would still have been available to Jock; after all, as Adam told us, it was Jason who cashed it out, not Jock. And Miss Ellie dying of a broken heart? I don't really buy that either, and JR should have been skeptical about it, too.</p><p></p><p>I don't think things happened the way JR. was told (or shown) they did. After all, what does the devil do? He deceives and lies to achieve his goal—and his goal was to get JR to take his own life. By claiming Jock had done it, the idea of following in his father's footsteps seemed less terrible to JR. In hindsight many of Adam's stories just seemed like tales concocted solely to serve his own agenda.</p><p></p><p>The SOD article mentioned that the finale featured snappy one-liners, but strangely enough, I can't recall that at all.</p><p></p><p>Personally, I don't dislike the finale the way others do. I found the penultimate and antepenultimate episodes surprisingly good and was therefore hoping for a great ending; but even though I wasn't exactly satisfied, I didn't feel cheated either.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Monzo, post: 444612, member: 19949"] Jock committed suicide when Ewing Oil went bust. And this information should have served as a warning to JR that something was amiss with what the supposed angel was telling him. While I do think Jock was capable of suicide, it would have been in the context of an illness that stripped him of his personality—Alzheimer's, for instance. It is hard to imagine Jock taking his own life simply because of financial ruin, rather than starting over and proving to everyone that he still had what it took. Theoretically, Southfork would still have been available to Jock; after all, as Adam told us, it was Jason who cashed it out, not Jock. And Miss Ellie dying of a broken heart? I don't really buy that either, and JR should have been skeptical about it, too. I don't think things happened the way JR. was told (or shown) they did. After all, what does the devil do? He deceives and lies to achieve his goal—and his goal was to get JR to take his own life. By claiming Jock had done it, the idea of following in his father's footsteps seemed less terrible to JR. In hindsight many of Adam's stories just seemed like tales concocted solely to serve his own agenda. The SOD article mentioned that the finale featured snappy one-liners, but strangely enough, I can't recall that at all. Personally, I don't dislike the finale the way others do. I found the penultimate and antepenultimate episodes surprisingly good and was therefore hoping for a great ending; but even though I wasn't exactly satisfied, I didn't feel cheated either. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Conundrum
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top