Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Forgotten Classics
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 404566" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>Great to see so many Irish films get a mention. Irish TV still wheels a lot of these out around Christmas or Easter but there’s a few like <em>Widow’s Peak </em>and <em>The General</em> that I haven’t seen on TV for years.</p><p></p><p></p><p>One of my favourites. For me, it isn’t Christmas until I’ve watched this (I know it’s not a Christmas film but I associate watching it with Christmas). Thankfully BBC2 has something of a tradition of screening this alongside the other 70’s/80’s Agatha Christie adaptations in the afternoons between Christmas and New Year.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 404566, member: 673"] Great to see so many Irish films get a mention. Irish TV still wheels a lot of these out around Christmas or Easter but there’s a few like [I]Widow’s Peak [/I]and [I]The General[/I] that I haven’t seen on TV for years. One of my favourites. For me, it isn’t Christmas until I’ve watched this (I know it’s not a Christmas film but I associate watching it with Christmas). Thankfully BBC2 has something of a tradition of screening this alongside the other 70’s/80’s Agatha Christie adaptations in the afternoons between Christmas and New Year. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Forgotten Classics
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top