Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Snarky Oracle!" data-source="post: 213130" data-attributes="member: 57984"><p>In 1973, critics and audiences ignored NIGHT WATCH which was dismissed as part of Elizabeth Taylor's cinematic slide of the period. But it popped up on the late-late movie a few years later, and everybody I know who saw it really liked it. I think it's a downright good film and has one of the best re-watch values of any Taylor motion picture --- whenever I need an Elizabethan fix, NIGHT WATCH has all the requisite elements, muu-muus included. It's kind of a period mood piece, and it's got that shrouded, overcast early-'70s thing going for it. Plus a surprise ending you ought to see coming but probably didn't.</p><p></p><p>Despite excellent work here, the director Brian G. Hutton quit the business and became a plumber.</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]6Ah0v48yb50[/MEDIA]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Snarky Oracle!, post: 213130, member: 57984"] In 1973, critics and audiences ignored NIGHT WATCH which was dismissed as part of Elizabeth Taylor's cinematic slide of the period. But it popped up on the late-late movie a few years later, and everybody I know who saw it really liked it. I think it's a downright good film and has one of the best re-watch values of any Taylor motion picture --- whenever I need an Elizabethan fix, NIGHT WATCH has all the requisite elements, muu-muus included. It's kind of a period mood piece, and it's got that shrouded, overcast early-'70s thing going for it. Plus a surprise ending you ought to see coming but probably didn't. Despite excellent work here, the director Brian G. Hutton quit the business and became a plumber. [MEDIA=youtube]6Ah0v48yb50[/MEDIA] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top