Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 273506" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>It is a pretty limited genre, in both scope and quality. (Even more so for me. I only regard those movies that are of the direct BABY JANE type to fall within the genre, whereas others seem to consider any horror movie starring a past-her-prime movie queen.) Taken as a whole I think horror movies are the laziest genre, and most are pretty shoddy. I think the ratio is even higher than the "90% of everything is crap" rule.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Not that the ladies would have fared much better without those films; they would have just drifted into semi-obscurity. Without the luck of landing in a TV series (like Stanwyck), there wasn't much awaiting them. I think Myrna Loy and Claudette Colbert were quoted around the time that they'd rather be retired than play demented old bags and, well, they basically were.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Either/or. It is an awfully good pic though, so it's probably better than a ton of movies.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 273506, member: 5079"] It is a pretty limited genre, in both scope and quality. (Even more so for me. I only regard those movies that are of the direct BABY JANE type to fall within the genre, whereas others seem to consider any horror movie starring a past-her-prime movie queen.) Taken as a whole I think horror movies are the laziest genre, and most are pretty shoddy. I think the ratio is even higher than the "90% of everything is crap" rule. Not that the ladies would have fared much better without those films; they would have just drifted into semi-obscurity. Without the luck of landing in a TV series (like Stanwyck), there wasn't much awaiting them. I think Myrna Loy and Claudette Colbert were quoted around the time that they'd rather be retired than play demented old bags and, well, they basically were. Either/or. It is an awfully good pic though, so it's probably better than a ton of movies. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top