Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Snarky Oracle!" data-source="post: 330949" data-attributes="member: 57984"><p>Oh, yes. If only the existing ones were better. STRAIT-JACKET is a film I always compulsively re-direct in my head whenever I see it -- so close and yet so far from what it is. Among other things, Arthur Arling's camerawork is crap. But the movie's so tacky it looks like audition footage that went wrong.</p><p></p><p>Oddly enough, I like the color scheme of DDMD, so it's one of the few of this genre I actually preferred <strong><em>not</em></strong> be in B&W... It gets fairly tired, though, after Miss Powers is locked in the attic.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Stanwyck's is THE NIGHT WALKER, which features a creepy Vic Mizzy score admired by even Hitchcock's Bernard Herrmann. The movie goes bad fast, just after the first explosion.</p><p></p><p>The intriguing prologue was obviously complied by somebody other than William Castle:</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]nRRXcrcAGT0[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p></p><p>.</p><p>Agreed, my thoughts exactly. Even Crawford said it was her favorite horror venture behind only BABY JANE. . Spielberg never knew Mommie Dearest tried to fire him until after she died years later. i</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Meh. Her turn as Crawford in FEUD failed to enthuse me. And HUSH didn't work for me either (I recall BUFFY's "Hush" was more effective).</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Snarky Oracle!, post: 330949, member: 57984"] Oh, yes. If only the existing ones were better. STRAIT-JACKET is a film I always compulsively re-direct in my head whenever I see it -- so close and yet so far from what it is. Among other things, Arthur Arling's camerawork is crap. But the movie's so tacky it looks like audition footage that went wrong. Oddly enough, I like the color scheme of DDMD, so it's one of the few of this genre I actually preferred [B][I]not[/I][/B] be in B&W... It gets fairly tired, though, after Miss Powers is locked in the attic. Stanwyck's is THE NIGHT WALKER, which features a creepy Vic Mizzy score admired by even Hitchcock's Bernard Herrmann. The movie goes bad fast, just after the first explosion. The intriguing prologue was obviously complied by somebody other than William Castle: [MEDIA=youtube]nRRXcrcAGT0[/MEDIA] . Agreed, my thoughts exactly. Even Crawford said it was her favorite horror venture behind only BABY JANE. . Spielberg never knew Mommie Dearest tried to fire him until after she died years later. i Meh. Her turn as Crawford in FEUD failed to enthuse me. And HUSH didn't work for me either (I recall BUFFY's "Hush" was more effective). [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top