Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 330952" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>As a general rule, I don't care for classic horror in color. The horror aspects of these films tend to be, in retrospect, rather tepid; being in color, to me, just undermines their effectiveness. I've never been able to get into the Hammer films; for all their vaunted sex (well, corseted bosoms) and blood, they feel bloodless to me.</p><p></p><p>There's one major exception, a stray thought that led me down an interesting path of pondering: rather than linking with the inept William Castle, it's a shame that Joan didn't find herself working with Roger Corman instead. I don't think AIP dabbled in psycho-biddy films, but they<em> could </em>have. If Corman had brought his ghoulish, garish style to a BABY JANE knockoff, I think he could have pulled it off better than any of the other imitators.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 330952, member: 5079"] As a general rule, I don't care for classic horror in color. The horror aspects of these films tend to be, in retrospect, rather tepid; being in color, to me, just undermines their effectiveness. I've never been able to get into the Hammer films; for all their vaunted sex (well, corseted bosoms) and blood, they feel bloodless to me. There's one major exception, a stray thought that led me down an interesting path of pondering: rather than linking with the inept William Castle, it's a shame that Joan didn't find herself working with Roger Corman instead. I don't think AIP dabbled in psycho-biddy films, but they[I] could [/I]have. If Corman had brought his ghoulish, garish style to a BABY JANE knockoff, I think he could have pulled it off better than any of the other imitators. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top