Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 389880" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>I haven't read this article, but ....</p><p></p><p>[URL unfurl="true"]https://collider.com/william-castle-joan-crawford-camp-horror-movies/[/URL]</p><p></p><p>Just finished NIGHT WATCH (1973), the Elizabeth Taylor movie that's gotten its own hype here in this thread. </p><p></p><p>It's free to view on Plex. </p><p></p><p>I hadn't seen this movie before, but because of the good things I had heard, I was hoping it would turn out to be good. Let's just say -- I wasn't disappointed. Elizabeth Taylor is beautiful, and without spoiling anything, provides a good performance as a nutty wife. </p><p></p><p>There's some good cinematography at work here, and I like how much of the movie is done during a thunderstorm. It makes for good atmosphere, that's for sure. </p><p></p><p>NIGHT WATCH is a downright good movie, even if some might question whether or not it fits the "grande dame guignol" genre -- which, to be fair, strolls with a relatively loose definition anyway. </p><p></p><p>If you haven't, you should check this one out. </p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]51296[/ATTACH]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 389880, member: 7"] I haven't read this article, but .... [URL unfurl="true"]https://collider.com/william-castle-joan-crawford-camp-horror-movies/[/URL] Just finished NIGHT WATCH (1973), the Elizabeth Taylor movie that's gotten its own hype here in this thread. It's free to view on Plex. I hadn't seen this movie before, but because of the good things I had heard, I was hoping it would turn out to be good. Let's just say -- I wasn't disappointed. Elizabeth Taylor is beautiful, and without spoiling anything, provides a good performance as a nutty wife. There's some good cinematography at work here, and I like how much of the movie is done during a thunderstorm. It makes for good atmosphere, that's for sure. NIGHT WATCH is a downright good movie, even if some might question whether or not it fits the "grande dame guignol" genre -- which, to be fair, strolls with a relatively loose definition anyway. If you haven't, you should check this one out. [ATTACH type="full"]51296[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top