Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 434345" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>I didn't refer to hagsploitation. I don't care for the term very much. For one, it's kind of gross. But it's also not even very accurate unless one thinks every woman over 50 is a hag. The term maybe applies to BABY JANE and FANATIC where the ladies were made to look like haggard crones, but it hardly suits the rest.</p><p></p><p>Embalmed youth seems just as appropriate for Grande Dame Guignol as decay. If it wasn't such a broad comedy, DEATH BECOMES HER had the basics for the genre.</p><p></p><p>And I very much consider HUSH to be a late entry in the genre, if a bit of a tepid one. Along with MISERY, it's about the closest to the genre, Grande Dame Guignol or hagsploitation, that we've gotten in decades.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 434345, member: 5079"] I didn't refer to hagsploitation. I don't care for the term very much. For one, it's kind of gross. But it's also not even very accurate unless one thinks every woman over 50 is a hag. The term maybe applies to BABY JANE and FANATIC where the ladies were made to look like haggard crones, but it hardly suits the rest. Embalmed youth seems just as appropriate for Grande Dame Guignol as decay. If it wasn't such a broad comedy, DEATH BECOMES HER had the basics for the genre. And I very much consider HUSH to be a late entry in the genre, if a bit of a tepid one. Along with MISERY, it's about the closest to the genre, Grande Dame Guignol or hagsploitation, that we've gotten in decades. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top