Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 434350" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>It's been around for a while, and it wasn't invented by me.</p><p></p><p>It's always been an unkind description even if it looks very accurate<span style="font-size: 12px"> (although I must be careful not to side with the evil pseudo-feminists, apparently).</span></p><p></p><p>Then let me rephrase it as:</p><p>Wouldn't it take the grande out of the grande dame guignol?</p><p>Shouldn't there be a sense of (semi-)retirement and also a bit of a surprise? (or shock, I guess).</p><p></p><p>Glenn Close in Dangerous Liaisons is on the brink of that genre, a character that struggles to hold on to her peak moment, but she's not quite beyond that.</p><p>She's still very much in the middle of her dastardly memoires, rather than writing about it.</p><p></p><p>I'm not saying: we <em>should</em> draw the line exactly *here* or *there*, but on the other hand, look what happens when we don't. That's how everything made in the seventies has now become a "cult" movie.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 434350, member: 8"] It's been around for a while, and it wasn't invented by me. It's always been an unkind description even if it looks very accurate[SIZE=3] (although I must be careful not to side with the evil pseudo-feminists, apparently).[/SIZE] Then let me rephrase it as: Wouldn't it take the grande out of the grande dame guignol? Shouldn't there be a sense of (semi-)retirement and also a bit of a surprise? (or shock, I guess). Glenn Close in Dangerous Liaisons is on the brink of that genre, a character that struggles to hold on to her peak moment, but she's not quite beyond that. She's still very much in the middle of her dastardly memoires, rather than writing about it. I'm not saying: we [I]should[/I] draw the line exactly *here* or *there*, but on the other hand, look what happens when we don't. That's how everything made in the seventies has now become a "cult" movie. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top