Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 434368" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Yes, that can be a scenario in the GDG genre but I don't understand why you think it <em>defines</em> the genre.</p><p>What about the crazy mother who blames the slut for the death of her creepy son? Or a raging, religious fanatic?</p><p></p><p>I honestly think the "decay" is more about the actress than the character, hence why some or many actresses would never do it.</p><p>And that may not be a very nice perspective but, then again, I don't think hagsploitation has ever been a very revered genre. If anything, the guilty pleasure is in the "ploitation" part of the word.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 434368, member: 8"] Yes, that can be a scenario in the GDG genre but I don't understand why you think it [I]defines[/I] the genre. What about the crazy mother who blames the slut for the death of her creepy son? Or a raging, religious fanatic? I honestly think the "decay" is more about the actress than the character, hence why some or many actresses would never do it. And that may not be a very nice perspective but, then again, I don't think hagsploitation has ever been a very revered genre. If anything, the guilty pleasure is in the "ploitation" part of the word. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top