Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 54604" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>I recall actually seeing <em>I Saw What You Did</em>, but I couldn't tell you a whole lot about it, though. All I remember is it came on TCM, I saw Crawford was in it, I recorded and watched it, but I wasn't thoroughly impressed. I deleted it shortly after, and I haven't seen it again. That's been at least three years ago I would say.</p><p></p><p>Now I've never been a big fan of Stanwyck, but I am trying to watch more of her films and become more appreciative of her with an open mind. It's been quite some time since I've seen or even tried to watch one of her films, so my tastes and opinion of her my have changed. <em>(Fingers crossed!)</em> As for Hepburn, I couldn't see her doing these "hag horrors". She seems like she would be "above" lowering herself to that level. The same would go for Vivien Leigh, though. She would be far too "grand" to be scheming around against Davis in a dark Louisiana mansion.</p><p></p><p>And I've only seen Swanson in <em>Sunset Blvd</em>, and I would definitely say that performance itself contributed to the same type of audience, although the film was officially classified a <em>film noir</em>, not a <em>hag horror</em>.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 54604, member: 7"] I recall actually seeing [I]I Saw What You Did[/I], but I couldn't tell you a whole lot about it, though. All I remember is it came on TCM, I saw Crawford was in it, I recorded and watched it, but I wasn't thoroughly impressed. I deleted it shortly after, and I haven't seen it again. That's been at least three years ago I would say. Now I've never been a big fan of Stanwyck, but I am trying to watch more of her films and become more appreciative of her with an open mind. It's been quite some time since I've seen or even tried to watch one of her films, so my tastes and opinion of her my have changed. [I](Fingers crossed!)[/I] As for Hepburn, I couldn't see her doing these "hag horrors". She seems like she would be "above" lowering herself to that level. The same would go for Vivien Leigh, though. She would be far too "grand" to be scheming around against Davis in a dark Louisiana mansion. And I've only seen Swanson in [I]Sunset Blvd[/I], and I would definitely say that performance itself contributed to the same type of audience, although the film was officially classified a [I]film noir[/I], not a [I]hag horror[/I]. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
Grande Dame Guignol
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top