I couldn't access the site for almost a week?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I think from last Friday or Saturday I couldn't access the site. My laptop seemed to update and then when I tried to sign back into my usual online haunts I would get messages about accepting cookies and I had to sign in all over again. On other sites this happened too, like YouTube and Instagram and others. Some of the sites I had to do password resets as I so infrequently signed in and out of these. However, I have always known the log in details for here as it's the site I have been on the longest. When I tried to sign in here I kept getting a pop up saying that I had to accept cookies for the site. Although when I clicked to accept it still wouldn't sign me in.
I remember this happened before a few years ago, I think on a previous laptop and eventually with the help of someone here I was able to work around it. Anyway, last night my computer seemed to have signed me out of a lot sites again before I went to bed. I left it as I was going to bed anyway and when I resigned in today it was fine. I came here and was able to sign in as normal.

Does anyone have any idea what was wrong or why I was unable to access the site?

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm sorry you've experienced this; I know how annoying these things can be.

I'd hate to say that it could be something at your end. On looking at our database, I don't see anything out of the ordinary and, unless this has happened to another member, I can't help but think that it's an isolated incident at your end.

Would you mind keeping us updated if this happens again?

If anyone reading this has experienced something similar, it will help to know about it.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've had no issues with the site so it does sound like something's gone wrong on your end.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A lot of sites have updated their cookies policies and insist that you accept them again. I haven't experienced that with this site though (yet).