Kim Novak in LA Times 1987.

Arlene Halloran

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well Jane didn't succeed in her desire to get guest star Kim Novak, to return in autumn 1987. It seems though Kit's alter ego had gave the idea some thought, as commented in the LA Times.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kim brought an element of mystery and intrigue to the sixth year. Her storyline, at least in the early stages harked back to the glory years of 1982 to the turn of '85. However as time went on things increasingly ballooned into the camp territory and at this stage I yearned for core cast member Abby Dalton. Abby also did OTT stuff. Although those bits and pieces never seemed at least to me anyhow reach Kim's 'my cup is overflowing.' A presence in a part of one season was grand for the Veritgo star; just as Cliff and Gina previously done and Leslie, Eddie, Roscoe and Lauren would do, in season 7.

Kit Marlowe has taken the identity of her recently deceased friend Skylar Kimball. Skylar is the stepdaughter of super rich Peter Stavros, who he hasn't seen since she was a teenager. A Mafia car bomb went off killing Skylar but it was meant for Kit. The fake Skylar telephones Angela. Thus enabling a reunion with Peter and in the process she escapes from the New York mob, (a scene from season 6, 1986 - '87):

FC maid Melody receives the phone call in the study. Angela walks in to take the call.

Kit (Skylar impostor): "Angela Channing."

Angela to Melody: "Thank you!"

Angela on the phone: "This is Angela Channing."

Kit: "Hello! This is Skylar Kimball."

Freeze frame; the closing credits commence, fade to black and the theme tune.

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
she couldn’t act on Falcon Crest.
Hmm...she played an actress who wasn't a professional actress. Somehow, that element of "failure" (intentional or not) seemed fitting to me.
To be honest, I don't remember much of her role as Kit Marlowe i.e. when she stopped playing Skylar.

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hmm...she played an actress who wasn't a professional actress. Somehow, that element of "failure" (intentional or not) seemed fitting to me.
To be honest, I don't remember much of her role as Kit Marlowe i.e. when she stopped playing Skylar.

Whenever her Skylar mask slipped Peter eventually accepted Kit for who she really was. Heck they even became fugitives together, after Roland Saunders was killed.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They should have kept the money for Laura Johnson and others and not a year long guest stars that didn´t got my interest ...