Kim Novak on Falcon Crest

UltimateTvShows

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
How did you like Kim Novak's guest stint on the sixth season of Falcon Crest?
In my opinion it was a great storyline and it involved most people of the show. And I liked all the insider jokes, e.g. the name Kit Marlowe (Kim's supposed to be-stage name) and the scene in front of the Golden Gate bridge (like in Vertigo).
What do you tink?

Chloe-Fusco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kim wasn’t my favourite guest star being that the attention was all on her. Angela played second fiddle when she was in any scene with Kit. Although the impostor storyline was probably better than what the other shows of the era had provided.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really disliked Kim Novak on Falcon Crest because I found her way too wooden and unconvincing which was a shame as she can act better. Consequently, I found her character totally unbelievable and uninteresting. With a different actress, the role could have so much better.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I really disliked Kim Novak on Falcon Crest because I found her way too wooden and unconvincing which was a shame as she can act better. Consequently, I found her character totally unbelievable and uninteresting. With a different actress, the role could have so much better.

I loved her because at that time of the series, few characters might have carried on such a convoluted, OTT storyline, with absolutely surrealistic dialogues, twists and turns.

It was all for tongue-in-cheek fun, and she was the best special guest star the show ever had. And she didn´t overstay her welcome. What else could we ask for?

Though actually Kim Novak always needed a good director behind her (so to say) to actually deliver a good performance (Hitch, Quine, Aldrich or even Guy Hamilton in her wonderfully bitchy supporting role in "The Mirror Crack´d"). Is there anything more likely to (gay) heaven than Elizabeth Taylor and Kim Novak together (and Rock Hudson too)?

And yes, THAT should have been the real Kit Marlowe!!

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jane Wyman would have liked if Kim had returned in season 7, so she must have been doing something right. That said I was indifferent to Kim in the show. However Kit / Skylar blended in well with the Channing family, attempting in a way to fill the substantial void left by Julia.

An insider speaks about Kim Novak’s guest role as Kit Marlowe, (behind the scenes, from season 6, 1986-’87):

“Kim plays a shady lady on the run, from European criminals. Her character poses as the stepdaughter of wealthy industrialist Peter Stavros. Tribute is also being paid to Kim’s Hollywood legacy by naming her character after her original nom du screen, Kit Marlowe.”

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed seeing Kim Novak in season 6. She had a smouldering, mesmerising look that I found very seductive and watchable, no matter how absurd her plotline got. I wish they had kept Julia on as well so the two of them could have been competing for Tony's affection. They both had quite a similar look that year, so it could have been fun and a bit weird. If Morgan Fairchild had returned with her split-personality as well they would have made a nice bonkers threesome.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Latest Soap Opera Digest features an interview with Jeff Kober who played Guy Stafford - do you remember him and his connection to Kit? Here's what he said about Falcon Crest:

"It was horrifying!” he shudders of his foray into prime-time soaps. “I was a fish out of water. It was not my skill set, you know?”

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
How did you like Kim Novak's guest stint on the sixth season of Falcon Crest?
In my opinion it was a great storyline and it involved most people of the show. And I liked all the insider jokes, e.g. the name Kit Marlowe (Kim's supposed to be-stage name) and the scene in front of the Golden Gate bridge (like in Vertigo).
What do you tink?

Stravos' favorite stepdaughter was not credible she was too old 53 years

Attachments

• 1986 26 julio.jpg
    1986 26 julio.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 53

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
Too old? She was his step-daughter. Not his daughter. Also: Cesar Romero was 26 years older than Kim Novak in real life.

And the quote I answered isn't from @UltimateTvShows.

Well, you give me every reason. If it had been his daughter, it would have been more logical.
But if her children were much younger It would have been more plausible if Kit was the daughter of my first Stravos marriage that had ended badly

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What's the problem with him in a first marriage where the wife already had a daughter from a previous marriage? The age of her young son doesn't matter. I don't get your point and Richard's step-daughter Vicky is also much older than his son Michael. Nothing illogical about that either. It's a similar family situation.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
What's the problem with him in a first marriage where the wife already had a daughter from a previous marriage? The age of her young son doesn't matter. I don't get your point and Richard's step-daughter Vicky is also much older than his son Michael. Nothing illogical about that either. It's a similar family situation.
There were no parental feelings between Vicky and Richard. Vicky saw him as an intruder

auhin4

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Willow
Just finished season 6. I liked Kim. Her plotline does take over the show from the start of the season, and you only get a break sort of when she dips out for a few episodes. Even then, though, Roland Saunders and everyone else is still talking about her.

She has the film noir thing down, though. I think she served her purpose well. I was afraid Peter, her, and Tony had crashed in the plane!