Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Locations
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="johnmmil10" data-source="post: 363517" data-attributes="member: 138"><p>Here’s the tale of the Longhorn Bar! I’ve looked for this spot for a long time and the location has an interesting story! I’ll provide information for each photo.</p><p></p><p>Photo 1: It looks to be a real location as seen in the 1979 episode ‘The Outsiders.’ We see the edge of a marquee at the top of the screen. 2: We see the bar’s sign (a prop), a real looking sign with a question mark, and a sign advertising happy hour. 3: Zoomed in and I think I see “Destiny II.” 4: I dig around and find there was a discotheque with this name! It opened in 1975 and hold backgammon tournaments. 5: In 1978 Destiny II is remanned Chippendales. 6: In 1979 Chippendales starts offering exotic male dancing. Yep, it’s those Chippendales! 7: here is a picture of the signage outside the building. See the question mark and the edge of the white marquee we saw in photos 1 & 2? 8: Comparison of what we saw onscreen to what it looks like today. The building now houses Sunny Days Adult Day Health Care.</p><p></p><p>If you have heard about the case of the Chippendale murders, this is where it all started! Now when you see the Longhorn Bar on your screen it might might think of backgammon, male dancers, or true crime</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="johnmmil10, post: 363517, member: 138"] Here’s the tale of the Longhorn Bar! I’ve looked for this spot for a long time and the location has an interesting story! I’ll provide information for each photo. Photo 1: It looks to be a real location as seen in the 1979 episode ‘The Outsiders.’ We see the edge of a marquee at the top of the screen. 2: We see the bar’s sign (a prop), a real looking sign with a question mark, and a sign advertising happy hour. 3: Zoomed in and I think I see “Destiny II.” 4: I dig around and find there was a discotheque with this name! It opened in 1975 and hold backgammon tournaments. 5: In 1978 Destiny II is remanned Chippendales. 6: In 1979 Chippendales starts offering exotic male dancing. Yep, it’s those Chippendales! 7: here is a picture of the signage outside the building. See the question mark and the edge of the white marquee we saw in photos 1 & 2? 8: Comparison of what we saw onscreen to what it looks like today. The building now houses Sunny Days Adult Day Health Care. If you have heard about the case of the Chippendale murders, this is where it all started! Now when you see the Longhorn Bar on your screen it might might think of backgammon, male dancers, or true crime [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Locations
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top