Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
Making of a Legend: Gone with the Wind
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 438856" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>Some years back, one of my close friends (a Black woman) had reason to visit my mom's house. I was a bit nervous because my mom had a very large GWTW collection that I feared would be offensive. Not only was my friend intrigued by the collection, she told me she loved the film. When i visited her in Atlanta, she's the one who dragged me to the Margert Mitchell house and a plantation. I think I was more uncomfortable visiting a plantation's slave quarters than she was.</p><p></p><p>Which is to say that the people who complain and act offended by everything are a loud, very small minority. I think the majority of people are able to place things in appropriate context.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 438856, member: 5079"] Some years back, one of my close friends (a Black woman) had reason to visit my mom's house. I was a bit nervous because my mom had a very large GWTW collection that I feared would be offensive. Not only was my friend intrigued by the collection, she told me she loved the film. When i visited her in Atlanta, she's the one who dragged me to the Margert Mitchell house and a plantation. I think I was more uncomfortable visiting a plantation's slave quarters than she was. Which is to say that the people who complain and act offended by everything are a loud, very small minority. I think the majority of people are able to place things in appropriate context. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
Making of a Legend: Gone with the Wind
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top