Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
Making of a Legend: Gone with the Wind
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Channing" data-source="post: 444478" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>I sometimes like when a film changes the ending from the original material because it makes it more original and surprises the audience. My favourite example of this is the 1979 <em>Hair </em>in which a totally different character dies at the end.</p><p></p><p>However, that alternative ending for <em>Gone With The Wind</em> doesn't work because it shows Scarlett as being weaker and more dependant on Rhett whereas Margaret Mitchell's ending shows her being strong, defiant and in control. They were right to consider alternative endings and also right to reject that one.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Channing, post: 444478, member: 33"] I sometimes like when a film changes the ending from the original material because it makes it more original and surprises the audience. My favourite example of this is the 1979 [I]Hair [/I]in which a totally different character dies at the end. However, that alternative ending for [I]Gone With The Wind[/I] doesn't work because it shows Scarlett as being weaker and more dependant on Rhett whereas Margaret Mitchell's ending shows her being strong, defiant and in control. They were right to consider alternative endings and also right to reject that one. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
Making of a Legend: Gone with the Wind
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top