Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
Making of a Legend: Gone with the Wind
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 444576" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>I think Leigh was an inherently unsympathetic actress. Even her Blanche is less delicate than brittle. The undercurrent of harshness, even of instability, added greatly to some of her performances. I think that if De Havilland -- the first choice -- had played Blanche, the result would have been a wilted flower with none of the jagged nuances of Leigh's performance. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I belong to a few reddit groups dedicated to classic films, with a sizeable portion of younger fans. GWTW, like the films of John Wayne, is greatly out of fashion. While some of that is due to an inability or refusal to contextual the past beyond their own 2020s sensibilities, I don't regret it too much. I've long thought GWTW was greatly overrated.</p><p></p><p>On the plus side, Crawford's rep has fully recovered from Dunaway!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 444576, member: 5079"] I think Leigh was an inherently unsympathetic actress. Even her Blanche is less delicate than brittle. The undercurrent of harshness, even of instability, added greatly to some of her performances. I think that if De Havilland -- the first choice -- had played Blanche, the result would have been a wilted flower with none of the jagged nuances of Leigh's performance. I belong to a few reddit groups dedicated to classic films, with a sizeable portion of younger fans. GWTW, like the films of John Wayne, is greatly out of fashion. While some of that is due to an inability or refusal to contextual the past beyond their own 2020s sensibilities, I don't regret it too much. I've long thought GWTW was greatly overrated. On the plus side, Crawford's rep has fully recovered from Dunaway! [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
Making of a Legend: Gone with the Wind
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top