Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Mary Tyler Moore Show and Its Spin-Offs
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Bobby Southworth" data-source="post: 444520" data-attributes="member: 4960"><p>I wish that maybe the lyrics hadn't been changed until the 3rd season or so..that was when the show's tone seemed to begin to change a little, Mary's confidence, and the wit of the show were beginning to fully take hold. Not that there hadn't been elements of these things before. but the third season always felt different to me.</p><p></p><p>Once they changed to the iconic song, I just would have preferred they updated the intro a little more. really from some point from season 4 on. I suppose, though, that they didn't see a reason to really mess with perfection, and they did a pretty stellar job getting those shots of Mary in 73. They did revamp the music a little for the last year, but I'm talking more about just adding some different shots or clips of the cast members, or something, but again..why mess with perfection, really? This show was so much more than it's intro, but it had a great one.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Bobby Southworth, post: 444520, member: 4960"] I wish that maybe the lyrics hadn't been changed until the 3rd season or so..that was when the show's tone seemed to begin to change a little, Mary's confidence, and the wit of the show were beginning to fully take hold. Not that there hadn't been elements of these things before. but the third season always felt different to me. Once they changed to the iconic song, I just would have preferred they updated the intro a little more. really from some point from season 4 on. I suppose, though, that they didn't see a reason to really mess with perfection, and they did a pretty stellar job getting those shots of Mary in 73. They did revamp the music a little for the last year, but I'm talking more about just adding some different shots or clips of the cast members, or something, but again..why mess with perfection, really? This show was so much more than it's intro, but it had a great one. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Mary Tyler Moore Show and Its Spin-Offs
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top