Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Mary Tyler Moore Show and Its Spin-Offs
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Bobby Southworth" data-source="post: 444550" data-attributes="member: 4960"><p>Out of curiosity, how do other people feel about the season 7 revamping of the intro. I like it; I think it's refreshing after 5 years of the iconic opening, and I love the iconic opening, but it was time for a change. Really, I think they should have introduced this revamp a season earlier, with Mary moving to her new apartment.</p><p></p><p>I guess, really, outside of swapping the shot of Mary and Rhoda walking down the street, with Mary having the safety patrol helping her across the street..those were about the only visual changes we got. Well, and the one of her walking in the snow, which then meshes into her walking in warmer weather..where, originally, she just walked past a couple guys during the season 4 into, but in season 5, it's like she turns, as if she's checking someone out. Anyway, those were the only two changes I noticed between season 4-7. I'm just saying..maybe a little Georgette or Sue Anne for the intro?</p><p>maybe start showing a few funny clips from certain episodes..</p><p>The thing is, though, at the end of the day, outside of Mary looking a little older than she did when they shot those scenes around Minneapolis in 73, that was an iconic theme that didn't really need to change..and Mary hadn't aged that much, and actually seemed to look somewhat younger the last year.</p><p></p><p>Anyway, to the point, did others like the season 7 version of "Love Is All Around"?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Bobby Southworth, post: 444550, member: 4960"] Out of curiosity, how do other people feel about the season 7 revamping of the intro. I like it; I think it's refreshing after 5 years of the iconic opening, and I love the iconic opening, but it was time for a change. Really, I think they should have introduced this revamp a season earlier, with Mary moving to her new apartment. I guess, really, outside of swapping the shot of Mary and Rhoda walking down the street, with Mary having the safety patrol helping her across the street..those were about the only visual changes we got. Well, and the one of her walking in the snow, which then meshes into her walking in warmer weather..where, originally, she just walked past a couple guys during the season 4 into, but in season 5, it's like she turns, as if she's checking someone out. Anyway, those were the only two changes I noticed between season 4-7. I'm just saying..maybe a little Georgette or Sue Anne for the intro? maybe start showing a few funny clips from certain episodes.. The thing is, though, at the end of the day, outside of Mary looking a little older than she did when they shot those scenes around Minneapolis in 73, that was an iconic theme that didn't really need to change..and Mary hadn't aged that much, and actually seemed to look somewhat younger the last year. Anyway, to the point, did others like the season 7 version of "Love Is All Around"? [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Mary Tyler Moore Show and Its Spin-Offs
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top