Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Frank Underwood" data-source="post: 444611" data-attributes="member: 35"><p>Yes, which is precisely why some people jump to their defense by saying "But men are eviler!" It becomes a competition because some people have a difficult time contending with the idea that women can be evil too. However, the Clancy case isn't an isolated incident. Not only that, but when men kill, they typically don't cultivate a group of male followers who support them strictly based on sharing the same gender. If anything, women are likely to fall for male serial killers because they think they're "cute." People often seem more inclined to look for a scapegoat when it's a woman. A man is a good choice (like the husband), but psychosis (especially post-partem depression related) works too.</p><p></p><p>And just to be clear, I'm not saying that psychosis or post-partem depression aren't real conditions. People suffering with these conditions obviously deserve compassion and treatment (although I believe the psychologists who say Clancy wasn't suffering from psychosis.) However, when we're talking about cold, calculated murder, I'm no longer interested in sending the person to a mental health facility where they could possibly be released someday. Once that line is crossed, they should have to spend life in prison.</p><p></p><p>I know some people may disagree, but that's how I see it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Frank Underwood, post: 444611, member: 35"] Yes, which is precisely why some people jump to their defense by saying "But men are eviler!" It becomes a competition because some people have a difficult time contending with the idea that women can be evil too. However, the Clancy case isn't an isolated incident. Not only that, but when men kill, they typically don't cultivate a group of male followers who support them strictly based on sharing the same gender. If anything, women are likely to fall for male serial killers because they think they're "cute." People often seem more inclined to look for a scapegoat when it's a woman. A man is a good choice (like the husband), but psychosis (especially post-partem depression related) works too. And just to be clear, I'm not saying that psychosis or post-partem depression aren't real conditions. People suffering with these conditions obviously deserve compassion and treatment (although I believe the psychologists who say Clancy wasn't suffering from psychosis.) However, when we're talking about cold, calculated murder, I'm no longer interested in sending the person to a mental health facility where they could possibly be released someday. Once that line is crossed, they should have to spend life in prison. I know some people may disagree, but that's how I see it. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top