Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 433685" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>And so it’s come to an end (again). As mentioned previously, I’ve only ever watched the first episode of the Amazon revival, so I can’t comment on the show’s run on there over the last two years. I watched the last five minutes of this finale and without spoiling anything, it is definitely more low key than the 2022 “finale”. Again, as I didn’t watch the Amazon run, there was a lot of characters onscreen that I didn’t recognise but there was a core of about five legacy characters that I knew. </p><p></p><p>The final scene itself, was given over to three of those characters and was a mix of nostalgia and looking forward to the future. The show’s producer had said that they’d be closing the show in such a way that it would be left open for another potential revival and they’ve certainly done that, while addressing the logistical issue of no longer having the Nunawading studio and its historical sets to film on. I think it’s unlikely to be revived again but at least there’s a number of scenarios that viewers can now imagine, where the character’s lives are continuing offscreen.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 433685, member: 673"] And so it’s come to an end (again). As mentioned previously, I’ve only ever watched the first episode of the Amazon revival, so I can’t comment on the show’s run on there over the last two years. I watched the last five minutes of this finale and without spoiling anything, it is definitely more low key than the 2022 “finale”. Again, as I didn’t watch the Amazon run, there was a lot of characters onscreen that I didn’t recognise but there was a core of about five legacy characters that I knew. The final scene itself, was given over to three of those characters and was a mix of nostalgia and looking forward to the future. The show’s producer had said that they’d be closing the show in such a way that it would be left open for another potential revival and they’ve certainly done that, while addressing the logistical issue of no longer having the Nunawading studio and its historical sets to film on. I think it’s unlikely to be revived again but at least there’s a number of scenarios that viewers can now imagine, where the character’s lives are continuing offscreen. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top