Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Monzo" data-source="post: 436785" data-attributes="member: 19949"><p>I bought the first German Neighbours DVD box set with the first 20 episodes on sale a while ago and am finally watching it. I've already watched the first 10 episodes, and it's astonishing how much I've forgotten. I could only really remember that Des was dumped by Lorraine on their wedding day and the (somewhat bizarre) love story of Scott and Kim. What I haven't forgotten and probably never will: how Helen wiped Jim's face with the feather duster (in the opening credits). In episode 10, Shane and Danny had a car accident with the bank robbers who were on the run after robbing the bank where Julie and Des worked. Episode 10 also brought a surprising appearance for me with an actress that probably no one knows: Stephanie Daniel. In the episode, she played the doctor who treated Danny, but in 1975, the British actress starred in a West German series called Unsere Penny (Our Penny), in which she played Penny, an English au pair who moved in with a German host family. It was Stephanie Daniels' first TV role, then ten years later she suddenly appeared on Neighbours and took on a total of three roles: in 1986 she was Jim's love interest Ruth Wilson (not to be confused with the actress of the same name). I vaguely remember Ruth's run, but I'm not familiar with her run in 2002 as Chloe Lambert. Apparently, she was the new owner and manager of Lassiter's Hotel... Wasn't it unusual for actors to appear multiple times in different roles on Neighbours?</p><p></p><p>When rewatching the early episodes, Jim surprised me the most. When Alan Dale first appeared on US television, I recognized him, of course, but I had forgotten that his acting range in US series (mostly as a villain) was quite similar to Jim's. I actually thought that Alan Dale would have developed further as an actor after Neighbours, but even back then he already had what it took. Otherwise, I found the original Scott much more pleasant than I remembered; Paul was surprisingly nice, and Julie, while a real pain, actually had talent (as an actress). As for the characters, I've since looked up what became of some of them, because I'd forgotten about all the original Ramseys' fate.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Monzo, post: 436785, member: 19949"] I bought the first German Neighbours DVD box set with the first 20 episodes on sale a while ago and am finally watching it. I've already watched the first 10 episodes, and it's astonishing how much I've forgotten. I could only really remember that Des was dumped by Lorraine on their wedding day and the (somewhat bizarre) love story of Scott and Kim. What I haven't forgotten and probably never will: how Helen wiped Jim's face with the feather duster (in the opening credits). In episode 10, Shane and Danny had a car accident with the bank robbers who were on the run after robbing the bank where Julie and Des worked. Episode 10 also brought a surprising appearance for me with an actress that probably no one knows: Stephanie Daniel. In the episode, she played the doctor who treated Danny, but in 1975, the British actress starred in a West German series called Unsere Penny (Our Penny), in which she played Penny, an English au pair who moved in with a German host family. It was Stephanie Daniels' first TV role, then ten years later she suddenly appeared on Neighbours and took on a total of three roles: in 1986 she was Jim's love interest Ruth Wilson (not to be confused with the actress of the same name). I vaguely remember Ruth's run, but I'm not familiar with her run in 2002 as Chloe Lambert. Apparently, she was the new owner and manager of Lassiter's Hotel... Wasn't it unusual for actors to appear multiple times in different roles on Neighbours? When rewatching the early episodes, Jim surprised me the most. When Alan Dale first appeared on US television, I recognized him, of course, but I had forgotten that his acting range in US series (mostly as a villain) was quite similar to Jim's. I actually thought that Alan Dale would have developed further as an actor after Neighbours, but even back then he already had what it took. Otherwise, I found the original Scott much more pleasant than I remembered; Paul was surprisingly nice, and Julie, while a real pain, actually had talent (as an actress). As for the characters, I've since looked up what became of some of them, because I'd forgotten about all the original Ramseys' fate. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
Australian & New Zealand Soaps
Neighbours AXED after 37 years (now saved and returning to screens in 2023)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top