Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 393911" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>It’s interesting that NBC even bothered to try a spinoff at that time. On paper it sounds OK - a spinoff of an existing soap, starring one of its biggest stars that taps into the current <em>Dallas</em> popularity. However, ratings wise it doesn’t make sense. All of NBC’s soaps were in the bottom half of the ratings pack at that time. The year <em>Texas</em> launched, <em>Another World</em> rated 10th of the 13 soaps on air that year. So even if it was going to carry over some viewers from <em>AW</em> as its lead in, the ratings were never going to be huge.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 393911, member: 673"] It’s interesting that NBC even bothered to try a spinoff at that time. On paper it sounds OK - a spinoff of an existing soap, starring one of its biggest stars that taps into the current [I]Dallas[/I] popularity. However, ratings wise it doesn’t make sense. All of NBC’s soaps were in the bottom half of the ratings pack at that time. The year [I]Texas[/I] launched, [I]Another World[/I] rated 10th of the 13 soaps on air that year. So even if it was going to carry over some viewers from [I]AW[/I] as its lead in, the ratings were never going to be huge. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top