Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 444712" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>I recently watched the episodes surrounding the flood and I have to say, for an 80’s daytime soap that was on its last legs, it was really well done. There was the initial flood, where the entire rain soaked cast came together to secure the flood defences at the riverbank. Then there was the bursting of the dam (which I’m guessing was the tidal wave reference in the above ad), which washed the whole town and its residents to kingdom come. It was all quite dramatic without feeling ridiculously OTT.</p><p></p><p>My one observation is Mary Stuart’s contribution to proceedings. I haven’t watched much <em>SFT</em>, so maybe it’s just her acting style, but I got a feeling of “<em>I’m going though the motions here because I have to, but I’m above this frivolous nonsense</em>” from her performance. There was a rather half arsed “<em>Oh no!</em>” or something to that effect from her, when the dam burst and they were being engulfed by water and then she just kind of flapped about during her near drowning scene.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 444712, member: 673"] I recently watched the episodes surrounding the flood and I have to say, for an 80’s daytime soap that was on its last legs, it was really well done. There was the initial flood, where the entire rain soaked cast came together to secure the flood defences at the riverbank. Then there was the bursting of the dam (which I’m guessing was the tidal wave reference in the above ad), which washed the whole town and its residents to kingdom come. It was all quite dramatic without feeling ridiculously OTT. My one observation is Mary Stuart’s contribution to proceedings. I haven’t watched much [I]SFT[/I], so maybe it’s just her acting style, but I got a feeling of “[I]I’m going though the motions here because I have to, but I’m above this frivolous nonsense[/I]” from her performance. There was a rather half arsed “[I]Oh no![/I]” or something to that effect from her, when the dam burst and they were being engulfed by water and then she just kind of flapped about during her near drowning scene. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top