Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Global Telly Talk
General TV
Random TV Ratings
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ClassyCo" data-source="post: 430541" data-attributes="member: 7"><p>[ATTACH=full]57247[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p></p><p>The biggest shocks here, for me at least, are how low-rated THE JUDY GARLAND SHOW and MISTER ED were. </p><p></p><p>I can excuse JUDY GARLAND being so low because of all the off-camera issues, but it's still a tad puzzling that a show headlined by Judy Garland (who had once been one of the biggest box office stars in America) didn't draw more viewers. Even so, the low ratings weren't what eventually got it cancelled, or not from what I read anyway. </p><p></p><p>MISTER ED lasted six seasons. It was one of the very first comedies to start in syndication to be picked up by a network, in this case, CBS. I knew the show was never a major hit, but I just figured it would've had higher numbers just because it lasted as long as it did. </p><p></p><p>Then there's shows like TWILIGHT ZONE and ALFRED HITCHCOCK that I expected to have higher ratings, but I guess that can be excused for them considering they're anthology shows and don't have the luxury of regular casts to draw viewers back on a weekly basis. </p><p></p><p>How did a show like LASSIE last so long without better numbers than what's documented here?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ClassyCo, post: 430541, member: 7"] [ATTACH type="full"]57247[/ATTACH] The biggest shocks here, for me at least, are how low-rated THE JUDY GARLAND SHOW and MISTER ED were. I can excuse JUDY GARLAND being so low because of all the off-camera issues, but it's still a tad puzzling that a show headlined by Judy Garland (who had once been one of the biggest box office stars in America) didn't draw more viewers. Even so, the low ratings weren't what eventually got it cancelled, or not from what I read anyway. MISTER ED lasted six seasons. It was one of the very first comedies to start in syndication to be picked up by a network, in this case, CBS. I knew the show was never a major hit, but I just figured it would've had higher numbers just because it lasted as long as it did. Then there's shows like TWILIGHT ZONE and ALFRED HITCHCOCK that I expected to have higher ratings, but I guess that can be excused for them considering they're anthology shows and don't have the luxury of regular casts to draw viewers back on a weekly basis. How did a show like LASSIE last so long without better numbers than what's documented here? [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
General TV
Random TV Ratings
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top