Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 124545" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Absolutely not. Who do they think they are?! Just because they created the damned character. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>That's a great way of doing it. I have done that myself before now, and I also find myself doing it with details such as "her blue estate car" or "his yellow pullover", coming up with a much more thorough visual to include specific models and designs. Sometimes, the less information that's given the better as it becomes more interactive. </p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>This has reminded me:</p><p></p><p>When I read <em>Jaws</em> when I was young I was very surprised how different it is from the film, with the the mafia subplot and Ellen's sexual encounter with Hooper. I worked out how long a film would be if it followed the book exactly and decided it would be far too long. Then, in all my pre-teen wisdom, I decided that the book would be the perfect source material for <em>Jaws: The Mini Series</em>.</p><p></p><p>I'm off the mini-series idea these days, but I have decided that the only way I could ever cope with a <em>Jaws</em> remake would be if they went in a different direction and followed Benchley's book exactly, rather than remaking the film.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 124545, member: 23"] Absolutely not. Who do they think they are?! Just because they created the damned character. That's a great way of doing it. I have done that myself before now, and I also find myself doing it with details such as "her blue estate car" or "his yellow pullover", coming up with a much more thorough visual to include specific models and designs. Sometimes, the less information that's given the better as it becomes more interactive. This has reminded me: When I read [I]Jaws[/I] when I was young I was very surprised how different it is from the film, with the the mafia subplot and Ellen's sexual encounter with Hooper. I worked out how long a film would be if it followed the book exactly and decided it would be far too long. Then, in all my pre-teen wisdom, I decided that the book would be the perfect source material for [I]Jaws: The Mini Series[/I]. I'm off the mini-series idea these days, but I have decided that the only way I could ever cope with a [I]Jaws[/I] remake would be if they went in a different direction and followed Benchley's book exactly, rather than remaking the film. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top