Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 273580" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Yes - it's the same for me. I was seven when I first watched the film and was too invested (and terrified) to question anything. I completely believed everything I saw.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Absolutely. Even when I've watched in recent years in unforgiving HD, I'm still bowled over by a number of moments where it just convinces. The way the shark is cleverly hidden or only partially seen for most of the film works in its favour as well (I know some of it was because the shark didn't work, but there were also a number of wise choices about not showing too much that most shark films aren't successful at).</p><p></p><p>It helps that everything was done practically, and so there's a real truth to it. Most of the time when they're out at sea, they're actually filming in the ocean. When the shark bursts through the window of the Orca at Brody, we're actually seeing it as it played out. It was a nightmare to shoot, and there's a lot they did then that would never be permitted now with health and safety laws. But the results are amazing.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 273580, member: 23"] Yes - it's the same for me. I was seven when I first watched the film and was too invested (and terrified) to question anything. I completely believed everything I saw. Absolutely. Even when I've watched in recent years in unforgiving HD, I'm still bowled over by a number of moments where it just convinces. The way the shark is cleverly hidden or only partially seen for most of the film works in its favour as well (I know some of it was because the shark didn't work, but there were also a number of wise choices about not showing too much that most shark films aren't successful at). It helps that everything was done practically, and so there's a real truth to it. Most of the time when they're out at sea, they're actually filming in the ocean. When the shark bursts through the window of the Orca at Brody, we're actually seeing it as it played out. It was a nightmare to shoot, and there's a lot they did then that would never be permitted now with health and safety laws. But the results are amazing. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top