Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 302333" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>You've got it exactly right. I think he says "you're gonna need" to Quint because it's Quint's boat. I think it's an interesting choice of wording because it shows that Martin is so shaken by seeing the shark that he realises how powerless he is and that he has to rely on Quint's expertise. It's another little red herring so that it's even more surprising when Martin ends up being the hero of the hour. </p><p></p><p>Of course, it's one of the most misquoted lines in the history of cinema, because almost everyone thinks it's "we're gonna need a bigger boat" (if you do a search for "Jaws" and "Mandela effect" there are loads of articles about how people have convinced themselves so much that the correct line sounds wrong to them).</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>That's great. Have there been any surprises with the TV screenings? I know the American TV debut included the deleted scenes (which now appear on the Blu-ray as a bonus feature) so it ran longer, which meant more commercials, which meant more money from advertisers).</p><p></p><p>I still remember where some of the adverts were placed from the first time I watched Jaws on TV. And I also remember the cuts made to <em>Jaws 3D </em>so it was more family friendly (they did that in British cinemas as well).</p><p></p><p>One of the nicest surprises I had was watching Jaws The Revenge on TV and it had the original ending without the exploding shark. This was decades before that ending appeared on Blu-ray, and I'd never seen it before, even though I'd heard about it. I was really excited.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh, that's a shame. I wonder why they re-dubbed it. Have you noticed any small changes to the wording between the 1975 and 2004 versions?</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh, that's good news.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 302333, member: 23"] You've got it exactly right. I think he says "you're gonna need" to Quint because it's Quint's boat. I think it's an interesting choice of wording because it shows that Martin is so shaken by seeing the shark that he realises how powerless he is and that he has to rely on Quint's expertise. It's another little red herring so that it's even more surprising when Martin ends up being the hero of the hour. Of course, it's one of the most misquoted lines in the history of cinema, because almost everyone thinks it's "we're gonna need a bigger boat" (if you do a search for "Jaws" and "Mandela effect" there are loads of articles about how people have convinced themselves so much that the correct line sounds wrong to them). That's great. Have there been any surprises with the TV screenings? I know the American TV debut included the deleted scenes (which now appear on the Blu-ray as a bonus feature) so it ran longer, which meant more commercials, which meant more money from advertisers). I still remember where some of the adverts were placed from the first time I watched Jaws on TV. And I also remember the cuts made to [I]Jaws 3D [/I]so it was more family friendly (they did that in British cinemas as well). One of the nicest surprises I had was watching Jaws The Revenge on TV and it had the original ending without the exploding shark. This was decades before that ending appeared on Blu-ray, and I'd never seen it before, even though I'd heard about it. I was really excited. Oh, that's a shame. I wonder why they re-dubbed it. Have you noticed any small changes to the wording between the 1975 and 2004 versions? Oh, that's good news. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top