Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="DallasFanForever" data-source="post: 331481" data-attributes="member: 13221"><p>I’ve always loved hearing the stories of those troubled productions, none of which I even knew until the 25th anniversary DVD release. Today, of course, CGI would take care of most of that but I love the story of the struggle behind the scenes and what they were faced with. To me that’s part of the charm of making those movies back then. </p><p></p><p></p><p>I continue to have mixed feelings on it til this day. There are things I really love about it and then there are things that totally separate it from the original for me. On its own, a good movie. As a sequel? Good but not quite enough. </p><p></p><p></p><p>I remember a lot of screaming in my theatre, but thankfully not the real scary type. It was more of the fun kind, if that makes any sense. The 3D actually made it much more enjoyable for me. Looking back on it, was it hokey? Cheesy? Sure, but it was just a gimmick. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Ahhh, the good old days of ripping open cereal boxes and bypassing all that nutrition to get to what we really wanted (and needed) in life! </p><p></p><p></p><p>Can’t say I blame you! </p><p></p><p></p><p>Very true! I guess it all comes down to taste of course but it does seem that the higher profile the film, the higher the bashing.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="DallasFanForever, post: 331481, member: 13221"] I’ve always loved hearing the stories of those troubled productions, none of which I even knew until the 25th anniversary DVD release. Today, of course, CGI would take care of most of that but I love the story of the struggle behind the scenes and what they were faced with. To me that’s part of the charm of making those movies back then. I continue to have mixed feelings on it til this day. There are things I really love about it and then there are things that totally separate it from the original for me. On its own, a good movie. As a sequel? Good but not quite enough. I remember a lot of screaming in my theatre, but thankfully not the real scary type. It was more of the fun kind, if that makes any sense. The 3D actually made it much more enjoyable for me. Looking back on it, was it hokey? Cheesy? Sure, but it was just a gimmick. Ahhh, the good old days of ripping open cereal boxes and bypassing all that nutrition to get to what we really wanted (and needed) in life! Can’t say I blame you! Very true! I guess it all comes down to taste of course but it does seem that the higher profile the film, the higher the bashing. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top