Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="DallasFanForever" data-source="post: 331571" data-attributes="member: 13221"><p>I’ve actually never read it but you’re not the first person to recommend it to me. I have to check this out as I’m sure it’s something I would enjoy reading. </p><p></p><p></p><p>That’s the problem I usually end up having with CGI. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the amazing things they can do now but we do end up losing the charm and the realism of what the struggle of making the movie was like. The story behind the making of Jaws is just as fun to watch as the movie itself for me. </p><p></p><p></p><p>I do wish they had kept this approach. Had they done that I think we are looking at a movie much better suited as a sequel. I have a feeling that 45 years later we might be debating which was the better film. </p><p></p><p></p><p>This always bothered me as well. Considering what ended up happening in the first film, you would think Martin’s claims in this film would carry more credibility. Had everyone just forgotten? Or was it a case of everyone just wanting to forget, a matter of hoping somehow he was wrong because no one wanted to relive the horror? It comes off as making him look like the only person in the movie with any intelligence . He’s the central character, it’s his logic and gut feeling against everyone’s stupidity, I get it but I wish they would’ve made it a little more balanced at times. </p><p></p><p></p><p>I know what you mean. I don’t hate it either but these criticisms are warranted. I really loved the movie the first time I saw it, and then as time passed I noticed myself liking it less and less. And now I’m noticing that I’m starting to really enjoy it again for some reason. </p><p></p><p></p><p>This is going to sound like a contradiction to what I’ve already said but bare with me. Whenever I watch the first movie I immediately watch the second. The first one leaves me on such a high that I have to keep going. Ultimately, of course, I’m setting myself up for disappointment by watching them back to back but at the same time when that second one ends I’m noticing I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I really can’t explain this. </p><p></p><p></p><p>I’ve always felt that watching in the cinema, whether walking away happy or disappointed, adds to the emotion of it all a lot more than watching on the old couch does. If Jaws was hypothetically re-released in theaters for the 50th anniversary in a few years, would I go? Of course I would. And it wouldn’t matter which film it was out of the four of them. It could be any of them. I’d even put on the 3D glasses again. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Wow!! That commercial brings back memories. I remember being told by mom if I open the box to look for the glasses then I have to at least try the cereal. I thought the cereal was horrible but it was a fair price to pay in the end.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="DallasFanForever, post: 331571, member: 13221"] I’ve actually never read it but you’re not the first person to recommend it to me. I have to check this out as I’m sure it’s something I would enjoy reading. That’s the problem I usually end up having with CGI. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the amazing things they can do now but we do end up losing the charm and the realism of what the struggle of making the movie was like. The story behind the making of Jaws is just as fun to watch as the movie itself for me. I do wish they had kept this approach. Had they done that I think we are looking at a movie much better suited as a sequel. I have a feeling that 45 years later we might be debating which was the better film. This always bothered me as well. Considering what ended up happening in the first film, you would think Martin’s claims in this film would carry more credibility. Had everyone just forgotten? Or was it a case of everyone just wanting to forget, a matter of hoping somehow he was wrong because no one wanted to relive the horror? It comes off as making him look like the only person in the movie with any intelligence . He’s the central character, it’s his logic and gut feeling against everyone’s stupidity, I get it but I wish they would’ve made it a little more balanced at times. I know what you mean. I don’t hate it either but these criticisms are warranted. I really loved the movie the first time I saw it, and then as time passed I noticed myself liking it less and less. And now I’m noticing that I’m starting to really enjoy it again for some reason. This is going to sound like a contradiction to what I’ve already said but bare with me. Whenever I watch the first movie I immediately watch the second. The first one leaves me on such a high that I have to keep going. Ultimately, of course, I’m setting myself up for disappointment by watching them back to back but at the same time when that second one ends I’m noticing I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I really can’t explain this. I’ve always felt that watching in the cinema, whether walking away happy or disappointed, adds to the emotion of it all a lot more than watching on the old couch does. If Jaws was hypothetically re-released in theaters for the 50th anniversary in a few years, would I go? Of course I would. And it wouldn’t matter which film it was out of the four of them. It could be any of them. I’d even put on the 3D glasses again. Wow!! That commercial brings back memories. I remember being told by mom if I open the box to look for the glasses then I have to at least try the cereal. I thought the cereal was horrible but it was a fair price to pay in the end. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top