Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 372591" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>Not directly connected to JAWS, but I started the summer reading the novel <a href="https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Came-Monster-Jersey-Attacks/dp/B0B85B3Z4Q" target="_blank">SILENT CAME THE MONSTER</a>. This is a (not very) fictionalized account of the Jersey shore shark attacks of 1916 -- which, in turn, were the inspiration for the novel JAWS. The book reads like an unofficial prequel to the most famous shark story. One of the problems with the sequels -- and, indeed, all subsequent shark attack films -- is that JAWS covered all the bases. What else is left, other than repetition? I thought the novel had some nice angles to the tale, most notably that it was set at a time when sharks were barely understood. </p><p></p><p>I live about an hour from where those 1916 shark attacks occurred and there were several great white sightings and a few minor shark attacks this year along the coast. None of this stopped me from going into the ocean a lot this year, but I had the JAWS theme in my head the entire time.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 372591, member: 5079"] Not directly connected to JAWS, but I started the summer reading the novel [URL='https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Came-Monster-Jersey-Attacks/dp/B0B85B3Z4Q']SILENT CAME THE MONSTER[/URL]. This is a (not very) fictionalized account of the Jersey shore shark attacks of 1916 -- which, in turn, were the inspiration for the novel JAWS. The book reads like an unofficial prequel to the most famous shark story. One of the problems with the sequels -- and, indeed, all subsequent shark attack films -- is that JAWS covered all the bases. What else is left, other than repetition? I thought the novel had some nice angles to the tale, most notably that it was set at a time when sharks were barely understood. I live about an hour from where those 1916 shark attacks occurred and there were several great white sightings and a few minor shark attacks this year along the coast. None of this stopped me from going into the ocean a lot this year, but I had the JAWS theme in my head the entire time. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
The Jaws Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top