Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
The Legendary characters, couples and families
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 369154" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>I’m going to throw in my two cents, from the perspective of an outsider looking in. As I mentioned on here before, US daytime soaps only aired sporadically in Ireland and the UK, so a lot of my knowledge of them came from what I’d read or heard elsewhere before they gradually became more accessible via the internet. So my opinions of who was a “big name” as such, often came from the star’s profiles and reputations or later fandom around their characters. There’s some that probably deserve a mention but have been forgotten in the mists of time (Mary Stuart for her run on <em>Search for Tomorrow</em>)</p><p></p><p><strong>Soap queens:</strong> Erica Kane, Marlena Evans</p><p><strong>Supercouples</strong>: Luke & Laura, Cruz & Eden</p><p><strong>Families</strong>: The Forresters (for remaining at the centre of B&B since it’s inception), The Spauldings </p><p><strong>Grande Dames</strong>: Katharine Chancellor, Beverlee McKinsey’s Alexandra Spaulding</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 369154, member: 673"] I’m going to throw in my two cents, from the perspective of an outsider looking in. As I mentioned on here before, US daytime soaps only aired sporadically in Ireland and the UK, so a lot of my knowledge of them came from what I’d read or heard elsewhere before they gradually became more accessible via the internet. So my opinions of who was a “big name” as such, often came from the star’s profiles and reputations or later fandom around their characters. There’s some that probably deserve a mention but have been forgotten in the mists of time (Mary Stuart for her run on [I]Search for Tomorrow[/I]) [B]Soap queens:[/B] Erica Kane, Marlena Evans [B]Supercouples[/B]: Luke & Laura, Cruz & Eden [B]Families[/B]: The Forresters (for remaining at the centre of B&B since it’s inception), The Spauldings [B]Grande Dames[/B]: Katharine Chancellor, Beverlee McKinsey’s Alexandra Spaulding [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
The Legendary characters, couples and families
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top