What could be the reason to hide your online status?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So you won't know which threads I'm posting on -- or how many -- until it's too late.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
what value is there to knowing someone's online?
It isn't about what other forum members think about you being visibly online.
I have never seen an internet forum that doesn't have the online status as the default setting. This means that the decision to alter this is a conscious decision.
Therefore, again: why? What's the skeleton in your closet? Or is this option for scheming plotters who like to ambush unsuspecting forum members?

I feel there's something sinister going on here and I AM going to find out what that is.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have never seen an internet forum that doesn't have the online status as the default setting. This means that the decision to alter this is a conscious decision.
Therefore, again: why? What's the skeleton in your closet? Or is this option for scheming plotters who like to ambush unsuspecting forum members?

I feel there's something sinister going on here and I AM going to find out what that is.

What's "sinister" may be someone's desire to alter yet another site function to their own subjective liking.

But I'm just guessing.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I've never used the invisibility option here, but I have used it on other forums. Sometimes I just want to silently lurk and on some forums, soon as I show up online I start getting private messages.