Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 424496" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Vancouver? Well that explains why it looked like a strange part of America.</p><p></p><p>It's certainly not a bad film to look at, but despite its ambiguity it <em>is</em> a very plot-driven story. If only they could figure out what it had to be.</p><p>Also, ambiguity suggests more than one possible meaning, but in this case I struggled to find <em>a</em> meaning.</p><p></p><p>The doctor's appointment is probably the most Altman-esque scene in this film, and of course I love the flat with the fantastic hodgepodge interior design, so very typical of the 1960s. I found it impossible to make sense of the floor plan (the kitchen seems to be moving!) and I didn't know that a flat could have so many doors.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 424496, member: 8"] Vancouver? Well that explains why it looked like a strange part of America. It's certainly not a bad film to look at, but despite its ambiguity it [I]is[/I] a very plot-driven story. If only they could figure out what it had to be. Also, ambiguity suggests more than one possible meaning, but in this case I struggled to find [I]a[/I] meaning. The doctor's appointment is probably the most Altman-esque scene in this film, and of course I love the flat with the fantastic hodgepodge interior design, so very typical of the 1960s. I found it impossible to make sense of the floor plan (the kitchen seems to be moving!) and I didn't know that a flat could have so many doors. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top